This Section Explains the Kasch Pulse Recovery Calculator
A safe and easy way of finding out the
of your body is the
Kasch Pulse Recovery Method. The test should be conducted under medical
supervision if you have any type of heart disease or weakness.
The Kasch pulse recovery test should be performed as following
1. Step up and down on a bench of 12" height, for three minutes.
2. Perform the step-up and step-down motions at a fixed pace of 24 complete
steps per minute.
3. At the end of three minutes stop the stepping motion and sit down on the
4. Do not talk and begin taking your pulse 5 seconds after sitting down. Observe
your pulse for one minute.
5. Use this calculator to know your
Cardiovascular fitness level. The
calculator shows accurate results for men of middle age.
can also refer to the chart to see the range of his/her cardio-respiratory fitness.