Typing is a practice of inputting text in a device. Devices in which typing is required are typewriter, computer, mobiles and calculators.
Touch Typing, Hunt and Peck, Buffering and thumbing are techniques used for typing. Wpm or words per minute is a measure to calculate typing speed, for this purpose a standard word is of five characters for e.g. when calculating typing speed “pages” will be considered as one word whereas “calculator” will be counted as two words. WPM (words per minute) is the major hiring criteria for a typist plus it has also set standard typing speed across language and hardware boundaries.
Along with WPM other less commonly used typing standard is CPM also known as characters per minute, this is used as typing measurement for typing programs or typing tutors and gives more accurate results of individual’s typing speed and that also in short span of time.
Numeric entity or 10 key is a measure to individual’s capability to manipulate numeric keypad.
- Christopher Sholes invented the first practical typewriter.
- Lillian Sholes (Christopher Sholes daughter) was world’s first typist.
- Standard modern day keyboard was developed in 1870
- Most keyboards are known as “QWERTY” Keyboards because letters Q,W,E,R,T,Y are in upper left hand corner.
- Henry Mil British inventor was first to get a patent in 1741 for a machine designed to make impressions on paper.
- “Stewardesses” is the longest word typed with only left hand.
- The sentence “The Quick Brown for jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter of alphabet.
- Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using characters of one row of keyboard.
Brainmeasures Typing Certification
Brainmeasures is a leading online certification and skill testing company. Brainmeasures Typing Certification and course program is an in-depth training guide to help you master the techniques of touch typing. This typing course material has been developed by experienced professionals and typing experts and will help you learn and master typing technique using step by step study and training methods.
Brainmeasures Typing Certification program consists of full fledged typing course, typing certification exam and hard copy certificate (hard copy certificate will be posted to you on successfully clearing Brainmeasures Certification Exam).
Note: To view detailed syllabus of Brainmeasures Typing Certification course you will have to register with Brainmeasures and if already registered just login in your account.
Highlights of Typing Certification Course
- Developed by Experienced Professionals and will help you learn typing in short span, helping you get a job.
- An Effort has been made to make understanding typing fun and easy.
- This course has been developed to help you learn typing within days by use of right fingers for the right keys.
- This course will help you learn basics of typing, gradually turning you to a quick and efficient typist.
- Typing lessons have been divided in the format to help you learn typing with ease.
- Substantial material on touch typing provided in this course.
- This course will teach you to operate Microsoft word from opening screen to formatting of text.
- With help of this course you will understand detailed functionality of Microsoft word and optimum use of its various features such as line spacing, text alignment, paragraph indenting, symbol insertion etc.
- This certification course will help gain command on advanced features of WORD such as tables, mail merge, graphics, mail merge to include labels, use of bullets and numbering, columns etc.
- Another important things you will learn from this certification course are manuscript correction signs, memos, abbreviations and correct sign usage, paper sizes etc.
- A-Z Course material on typing developed by experts under strict ISO Controls.
- 24X7 access to purchased course and certification program.
- Economically Priced.
Beneficiaries of this Certification Course
This certification course is for all those individuals who are interested in leaning correct and quick typing techniques, you need not have any basic qualification to enroll for this certification course. All you need is a computer and keyboard.
Computers are now an important part of modern lifestyle, no matter which profession you are in a computer is a must at your desktop. This course will prove very beneficial for data entry workers, writers, managers and of course personal sectaries as this will help you improve your typing skills.
Job Aspects – Certified Typists.
Like in any other profession, certified typist are preferred by employers for their organization as they are considered better trained and more efficient, if you want to enter this job industry Brainmeasures Typing Certificate will help you get your dream job.
- Qualified and Certified Typist can work as
- Personal Secretary
- Office manager
- Data entry employee
- Medical Transcriptionist (but should have knowledge of medical vocabulary), it is a highly paid field.
- Academic typist
- Freelance Typist
- Manuscript Typist
- Policy Writer
- Statistical Typist
- Record Keeper
Brainmeasures Typing Certification will help you get a typist job in reputed companies as Brainmeasures Certifications are honored by employees worldwide.
Expected Salary Range
According to a research average annual salary of a clerk typist is $ 41,000, but few professions which include typing pay huge money one such field is medical transcription, this profession pays double salary that a normal typists get. Freelance typist can work on hourly basis and if they are really good at their job and produce error free work they can get good rewards for their work.