What is Project Portfolio Management?
If you are planning to learn more about project portfolio management, then you should know that you can find a lot of information about this from various sources. Project portfolio management (PPM) can actually be defined as the method used by project management organizations and project managers in terms of scrutinizing and supervising together a group of present or proposed projects by taking into consideration a number of key attributes. The major purpose of project portfolio management is to figure out the best way to mix and sequence proposed projects in order to obtain the goals of an organization. The entire PPM method also takes into consideration constraints imposed by real world factors and management. The PPM method analyzes different characteristics of a project including its total expected cost, expected nature, expected schedule of investment and timeline, consumption of human or any other scarce resources, relationship with other portfolio projects and the timing and magnitude of the advantages that a PPM manager wishes to realize.
PPM is also defined by experts as a process supported by tools used in managing and analyzing the portfolio of projects which aims not only in maximizing the total value of projects but also accounting their risk and the willingness of an organization to recognize risks. Getting your project portfolio management certification will let you realize that the entire method applies objectivity, reasoning and logic in terms of formulating portfolio decisions. PPM also focuses on figuring out which among the projects of an organization are worthy to be accepted and which among them should be killed, rejected or postponed.
Brainmeasures Project Portfolio Management Certification Program
If you are looking for an ISO certified company which is legitimate enough to offer the most comprehensive and up to date project portfolio management certification program, then Brainmeasures is ideal for you. This online certification company has become popular ever since it was established because it employs experts who can offer you the best learning experience while also providing you with a project management exam which aims to assess your ability to successfully carry out your tasks as a project portfolio management expert. The project portfolio management course offered by Brainmeasures can definitely help you take a hold of a certificate which is capable of showing your professional worth.
Highlights of the Project Portfolio Management Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Being a project portfolio management certification expert requires the most comprehensive training and needs you to gather a lot of essential concepts and relevant information about the field. Brainmeasures can offer all these and you can spend time checking out its syllabus online by logging into its site through your registered account. The project portfolio management certification program from Brainmeasures can offer you the following information:
- A more practical and comprehensive guide to practicing the project portfolio management (PPM) method
- Definition of PPM and its importance
- Choosing the best projects for the pipeline and maintaining it
- Tools that you can use in successfully carrying out PPM tasks
- Effective project portfolio management implementation
- Prequalification procedures in choosing portfolio projects
- The importance of linking strategy to PPM
- Taking advantage of the process of analytic hierarchy in improving the project portfolio management of an enterprise
- Structures for strategies and risks linked to portfolio projects
- Earned value analysis definition
- Developing cases for PPM
- A summary of portfolio management in relation to the IT industry
- Using portfolio management in innovating products
- Application of theory of constraints to PPM
- Habits needed in implementing IT portfolio projects
- Effective PPM integration
Beneficiaries of the Project Portfolio Management Certification Program
Getting your project portfolio management certification from Brainmeasures is a major help if you want business owners to instantly see your real worth in their organization. Brainmeasures admits anyone into its program without any requirements or qualification so you have a hundred percent assurance that you can take part of it anytime and without hassle. But there are specific people and professionals who can receive more benefits from the program. These include managers, IT professionals, CFOs providing financial services, IT management and consulting services.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Project Portfolio Management Certification Course
A project portfolio management certification course is ideal for you especially if you are one of those who wish to widen employment opportunities. Being a project portfolio management certification expert allows you to get a hold of the following positions in an organization:
- Project Portfolio Manager
- Project Controls Manager
- IT Project and Portfolio Manager
- Professional Services Manager
- Project Portfolio Management Software Expert
- Project and Portfolio Finance Manager
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Manager
- Quality Portfolio Manager
Expected Salary for Project Portfolio Management Certification Holders
Considering the huge increase in the number of career opportunities that fit perfectly for you, it is also greatly possible for you to increase the amount of your annual income after holding your project portfolio management certification. You get higher chances of receiving $45,000 to $148,000 after becoming a certified project portfolio management expert.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts
- All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.