What is Project Management for Functional Managers?
Increasing your knowledge about project management is extremely important if you are a functional manager. Functional managers are crucial to a project team and leader as they accurately represent the actual chain of command. This manager is someone who holds management authority over a specific organizational unit in a company, organization or functional group. A functional manager is also someone who leads a group which takes charge in the actual performance of services or production of a product. This manager should have a more comprehensive knowledge about project management so he would be able to carry out his tasks in a more efficient manner. As a functional manager who aims to know more about project management, you have to focus more on learning the basics of performing the specific tasks of a project, understanding problems and priorities, resolving issues and effectively working with the members of your project team.
It should also be noted that if you work as a functional manager while also holding your project management certification, then it will be easier for you to use your functional management skills in ensuring that you complete all your projects successfully within the specified budget and time. It is also important for you to note that as a functional manager, you are tasked to run your own projects. You also have your own functional managers who are tasked to authorize projects. Staff leads will be around to help you in managing projects and you are given the chance to establish simulated project teams that work in multiple functional departments and teams.
Brainmeasures Project Management Certification Program for Functional Managers
Functional manager project management course is one of the best certification courses offered by Brainmeasures. All that it takes for you to receive your project management certification for functional managers is to take part of the program offered by this reputable online certification company. However, you should take note of the fact that you won’t be able to receive your certificate unless you pass the project management exam for functional managers which is a huge part of the program. Getting a passing percentage will transform you not only into a certified functional manager but also into a certified project management expert.
Highlights of the Project Management Certification Program for Functional Managers from Brainmeasures
Deciding to get your project management certification for functional managers from Brainmeasures is one of the best decisions that you can ever make when it comes to improving your career as the related program, training and learning materials offered by the company are comprehensive enough which makes it possible for you to instill in your mind the kind of knowledge that you wish to achieve. The following are the major highlights of the program’s syllabus which you can only access after registering an account with Brainmeasures:
- Basic principles of project management
- Necessities and characteristics of a reliable project
- Effective planning and possible results that you may receive from it
- The different types of resources needed in successfully carrying out a project
- Basics of reporting to multiple bosses
- Effective organization of projects
- Major consequences faced by firms that are not driven by projects
- Different reporting levels
- Importance of using project management and the perfect time for you to use it if you are a functional manager
- Challenges that you may face if you are a project manager
- Complexities in implementing project management when performing your tasks as a project manager
- Basics of responsibility assignment matrix
- Establishing the policies and procedures of a project
- Tips in encouraging the members of your team to focus on meeting deadlines
- Performance evaluation
- Effective tips in creating plans that work in dealing with contingencies
- Skills needed for project management
- Major roles and responsibilities of a functional manager
- Problems that a functional manager may face
- Basics of handling the priorities of the organization and its projects
Beneficiaries of the Project Management Certification Program for Functional Managers
Brainmeasures admit anyone into its program without pressuring them to meet any standards or submit any requirements so being a part of its project management certification program for functional managers will never become difficult for you. However, you should take note of the fact that this certification course is most suitable for you if you are an aspiring advanced, technical, senior, functional or line manager.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Project Management Certification Course for Functional Managers
It is possible for you to receive numerous job offers as soon as you complete a project management certification course for functional managers. Among the positions that you may definitely enjoy after receiving your certificate are the following:
- Advanced Project Manager
- Functional Manager
- Line Manager
- Senior Manager
- Team Leader
- Business Analyst
- Project Specialist
Expected Salary for the Holders of Project Management Certification for Functional Managers
Because of the huge increase in the number of job opportunities for you after you complete a project management certification program for functional managers and receive your certificate, you can also expect to receive a better offer for your salary. An annual salary of $65,000 to 112,000 is something that you can expect after being certified.