What is Network Management?
Network management can be defined as a process which uses methods, activities, tools and procedures in operating, administering, provisioning and maintaining networked systems. The entire network management process actually involve keeping the entire network system and its services in good running condition by keeping track of it to immediately spot problems. The process also deals with monitoring all the network resources and how each of these is assigned. It also performs the functions of maintaining, repairing and upgrading the network system and configuring all the network resources as a means of supporting a provided service. If you are planning to get a network management certification, then you have to keep in mind that a good way for you to characterize all the functions of the network is to follow the FCAPS concept which stands for Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security.
It should also be noted that network management certification holders are also required to effectively perform functions relevant to successfully managing networks. These functions include planning, allocating, controlling, coordinating, monitoring and deploying network resources, allocating frequency, configuration and fault management, bandwidth, performance and security management and predetermined traffic routing as a means of supporting the load balancing process. Network management is also said to cover a huge area including performance which involves the process of eradicating all the bottlenecks within a network, security which focuses in protecting the network from unauthorized users and reliability which is more focused in improving the availability of the network to users and in immediately responding to software and hardware malfunctions.
Brainmeasures Network Management Certification Program
If you are aiming to become a network management expert, then the network management certification program from Brainmeasures can do you a lot of good. This is a program which is guaranteed to help you fully understand the basics in running a network system, its major parts and the many things that you can do to effectively manage it. The network management course from Brainmeasures is proven to be really reliable because it meets all the standards set by ISO. Brainmeasures has already received its ISO certification, making this online certification company more reliable. If you want to take a hold of your skill certificate, then you have to commit yourself into mastering all the topics covered in the program to increase your chances of passing the network management exam which comes along with it.
Highlights of the Network Management Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The network management certification program from Brainmeasures is detailed enough that you will no longer find it difficult to handle all your network management tasks and responsibilities after finishing it up. You can register with Brainmeasures and view its syllabus to acquaint yourself with all the topics included in the program. The major highlights of the network management certification program from Brainmeasures include the following:
- Specific requirements in managing networked systems
- Understanding the different network management functions
- Organizational aspects and time aspects linked to network management
- Selecting a configuration method for network management
- Effectively collecting statistics for network management
- Controlling policies in a network
- Understanding the simple network management protocol
- Issues linked to network management provisioning
- Overview of network management architecture
- Different mechanisms that you can use in managing network
- Passively and actively monitoring networks
- Introduction to the key aspects used in Multiprotocol Label
- Switching (MPLS) network management
- The basics of the MPLS management interfaces
- Effectively transmitting bulk files
- Understanding interfacing and optical layer services in network management
- Different layers present within the optical layer
- Understanding fault, performance and configuration management
- Introduction to Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) provisioning and management
- Major framework used in policy management
- Definition and major advantages of Policy Based Network Management (PBNM)
- Basic terms and concepts used in policy management
- Resolving issues in information overload through modeling
- Different policies used in expressing business requirements
Beneficiaries of the Network Management Certification Program
The network management certification program from Brainmeasures aims to benefit a lot of individuals and professionals in the business industry. This type of certification program is beneficial for individuals who already have a background on the engineering and technical field but still lacks skills in effectively handling and managing telecommunications and data networking. The course is also suitable for middle managers who are planning to get a telecommunications and networking management degree and for professionals in the networking industry.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Network Management Certification Course
If increasing your career opportunities in the networking industry is your major aim, then it is highly recommended for you to complete a network management certification course. Doing this will allow you to take a hold of the following vital organizational positions:
- Senior Network Engineer
- Network Service Manager
- IT Network Manager
- Regional IT Manager and Network Administrator
- Network Systems Specialist
- Senior Network Operations Manager
Expected Salary for Network Management Certification Holders
As a network management certification holder, your earnings can also be expected to grow dramatically. According to indeed.com, certified network management experts can earn an average annual salary of $71,000.