Introduction to Computer Skills
Computer skills refer to your ability to utilize both the hardware and the software of a PC. If you have basic computer skills, then you are computer functional. Computer skills also involve computer literacy. It is known as the ability and knowledge to utilize computers and their associated technology in a more efficient manner. If you are computer literate, then your skills will range from basic programming to more advanced problem solving. Having adequate computer skills will also allow you to obtain the highest level of comfort once you start to use computer programs and applications. Among the most vital computer skills that individuals and professionals especially those that are part of a fast-paced environment must have are the following:
- Ability to use the most basic buttons of a PC unit and all its vital components including the mouse and keyboard
- Functional word processing knowledge and ability including the proper use of computer keys, typing sentences without assistance, deleting texts, highlighting texts and choosing various font sizes and styles
- Skills in utilizing computer-based applications and technologies in locating, storing, accessing, evaluating and retrieving essential data, expressing ideas and communicating with others
- Proper use of the internet and email
- Safely installing software applications
- Effectively navigating the file system of a PC unit
- Computer programming skills
- Ability to effectively deal with data security issues
- Skills in fixing problems in both hardware and software
- Using the PC when doing scientific research
Brainmeasures Computer Skills Certification Program
Basic knowledge about computers is extremely important at present especially when it comes to getting a job in highly reputable industries so it is highly recommended for you to enroll in a computer skills certification course. A highly reliable computer skills course is something that you can get from Brainmeasures since this online certification and skill testing company has worked with experts in computers during the development of the course. What you can get from Brainmeasures computer skills certification course is a commendable and well-detailed computer skills training which will surely hone your skills in handling different types of computers. Because of the comprehensiveness of the computer skills certification program from Brainmeasures, you get the chance to compete with other computer experts and professionals in various industries after you successfully complete it. To help Brainmeasures assess the level of your computer knowledge and skills and to determine if you already deserve to hold your skill certificate, you need to take and pass the computer skills exam at the end of the program.
Highlights of the Computer Skills Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Honing your computer skills will never become impossible with the help of the Brainmeasures computer skills certification program. With the help of the online computer skills certification course offered by Brainmeasures, you get the opportunity to understand everything about computers including the following essential topics:
- Overview of all the information and skills that you can get from a reliable computer skills certification program
- Coverage of the final certification exam for the participants of a computer skills certification course
- Utilizing computer technology in business and workplace
- Understanding the different types of computers
- Basic functions of PC units and the different operating systems for them
- Procedures involved in using file management
- Improving your skills in using the external storage, devices and memory of computers
- Different types and terms of computer data
- Effective tips in carrying out the device management and memory management process
- Different types of storage media for computer data
- How to properly use word processors and text editors
- Uses of a reliable word processing software application
- Major functions of word processing
- Properly using the spreadsheet software including the process of building and formatting a worksheet
- Ways to set up a database
- Using Adobe Photoshop to work with computer images
- Improving computer and online security by using a reliable software application to prevent malware and viruses
- Different email software functions
- How to make the most out of using the internet
- Communicating with others through online communities and social networking
Beneficiaries of the Computer Skills Certification Program
A computer skills certification course is probably one of the most beneficial courses at present considering the fact that all business organizations and industries now are already using computers and advanced technology in their daily operations. The computer skills certification course is more beneficial for those who are still inexperienced when it comes to using computers but want to finally get an idea about how to operate them so various business organizations will start seeking their services. This is also ideal for individuals and professionals who want to survive in the automated, fast-paced and modern corporate world and for those who want to improve their career in the computer and technical industry.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Computer Skills Certification Course
If you complete a computer skills certification course, then your skills and expertise will become highly desirable in the modern workplace. Here are some jobs that will be opened for you after completing a computer skills certification course:
- Computer System Validation Specialist
- Computer Client Support Operator
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Support Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Technical Analyst
Expected Salary for Computer Skills Certification Holders
Completing a computer skills certification course is also a major help in further increasing your income. You can expect to earn around $48,000 to $76,000 per year if you are a computer skills certification holder. The good thing about computer experts is that their services are in great demand in both offline and online world. This means that you can also work part-time by taking up online computer skills jobs and further increase your income.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.