What is a Firewall?
A firewall is either based on a hardware or software program and is utilized by most home or business computer users in keeping their entire network secure. The main goal of a firewall is to take complete control of all the incoming and outgoing traffic in the network through data packet analysis. It also works by figuring out whether the data packets are allowed to enter the network based on a predefined set of rules. A firewall also works in building a bridge between your trusted and secure internal network and an external network like the internet which is somewhat unsecure. A firewall can offer numerous benefits to a wide array of computer users. These benefits include the following:
- Protects both corporate network and individual computers from any security threat like worms that have the tendency of exploiting and compromising networking protocol
- Sets alarm in pop-up form or in any other kinds of notice when there are attempts to enter your individual computer or private network or whenever hostile and suspicious activities are being attempted
- Prevents unauthorized access on your external network’s resources
- Logs and keeps track of all the outbound data traffic
- Helps in deploying network address translator (NAT) which is extremely useful in reducing address space contraction while also fully eliminating any component of the network which can prevent you from changing your ISP
- Allows you to audit records of internet use
- Blocks inappropriate materials
Brainmeasures Firewall Certification Program
If you are one of the hundreds of people who want to take up IT certification courses with an aim of understanding network and different IT systems and help various organizations protect all the sensitive data stored in their computers, networks and IT infrastructure, then the firewall certification program from Brainmeasures is the most suitable course for you. The firewall course which you can take from Brainmeasures, an online certification company known for its good reputation and its ability to provide high quality certification programs, focuses on satisfying the increasing need for highly knowledgeable and expert network professionals who are capable of implementing the best network security solutions. You can expect this online certification course to provide you with the most comprehensive firewall training and this is a huge help in your attempt to understand all the procedures involved in developing secure solutions for different IT and network infrastructure and making sure that these solutions deliver the highest level of network security access. Due to the comprehensiveness of the network security training that you can get from the firewall certification course offered by Brainmeasures, you will never find it hard to execute all your duties and responsibilities once you receive your certificate in the field and work as a firewall professional.
Highlights of the Firewall Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Brainmeasures firewall certification program aims to improve the knowledge and skills of all the participants of the program in terms of setting up firewall and making the most out of it. It covers a variety of topics associated to firewall and any other useful network security solutions. Here are some of the major topics included in the firewall certification course offered by Brainmeasures:
- Basics of firewall, its functions and benefits
- Importance of setting up a firewall in a network
- Understanding all the risks and threats to your network once you start to connect it to the internet
- How firewall works in mitigating risks and threats to the network
- Protecting your network from harmful and malicious attacks
- Designing firewall rules that are effective in protecting home offices and networks
- Overview of the most popular firewall configurations used by a lot of individuals and business organizations in protecting their network
- Configuration of more than one firewall as a means of protecting not only private network but other useful resources exposed to the internet
- Steps and procedures that you need to undertake when trying to secure Linux and Microsoft Windows desktops
- Ways to effectively configure personal firewall including Norton,
- BlackIce and ZoneAlarm
- Choosing the most suitable firewall for your network
- Essential tools that you can use in developing security solutions for all types of network
- Different websites that you can visit when trying to gather information about the most updated security issues
Beneficiaries of the Firewall Certification Program
Anyone who performs most of their daily tasks with the help of computers, networks and the internet can be greatly benefited by a firewall certification program. It is primarily designed for network security technicians and specialists, network security engineers and other professionals who are responsible in managing the firewalls of networks and the security of data stored in various programs, data centers and applications within the network. The firewall certification program is also suitable for IT managers, network administrators and network security professionals who are tasked in installing, supporting, configuring and troubleshooting security programs and solutions.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Firewall Certification Course
Completing a firewall certification course can help in significantly increasing the number of jobs that will be opened for you. Firewall certification holders can expect to have an easier time handling the following positions:
- Juniper Firewall / Switching Specialist
- Firewall Administrator
- Firewall Perimeter Delivery Specialist
- Firewall Network Security Engineer
- Firewall Support Technician
- Network Systems Engineer
Expected Salary for Firewall Certification Holders
Holding a firewall certification is a huge help in your attempt to make a significant difference in the amount of salary that you receive on an annual basis. As a firewall expert, you can expect to earn big since many business organizations are now running based on networks and more advanced IT infrastructure. Providing your expert knowledge and skills in setting up a firewall and securing the network of business organizations will allow you to earn around $77,000 to $101,000 per year.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.