Introduction to Medical Terminology
Medical terminology is primarily used in naming anatomical structures and parts, medical conditions, medical instruments and procedures, diagnoses, coding systems, billing or reimbursement codes and treatment protocols in the medical field. It is often rooted from the Greek and Latin language. Since it is the standard language within the healthcare and medical industry, healthcare providers are given the opportunity to document and communicate information through it in a more concise and accurate manner. Learning about medical terminology can be cumbersome for some people but if you are one of those who have longed to have a career in medicine, then you have to be serious in increasing your knowledge in this area. When it comes to understanding medical terminology, note that decoding is a vital process. You have to improve your skills in forming and decoding terms in the medical field as this will allow you to fully understand everything about medical terminology. The following are just some of the major benefits of learning medical terminology especially if you are planning to enter the medical field sometime in the future:
- A Higher Level of Understanding within the Medical Field. The reason behind this is that everyone in the medical industry will start using a common language, thereby eliminating all forms of misunderstanding.
- It promotes specifics. Since each medical condition and body part has its own class and name, it will be easier for a doctor or surgeon to order his team about what needs to be done using very specific terms with the help of medical terminology.
- Eliminates Language Barriers
- Easier Documentation of Work
Brainmeasures Medical Terminology Certification Program
If you want to gain a full understanding about medical terminology, then know that Brainmeasures medical terminology certification program can provide you with a lot of help. Enrolling in the medical terminology course offered by Brainmeasures can provide you with the highest level of security since this company is already recognized for its legitimacy, accuracy and reliability. By enrolling in the company’s medical terminology certification course, you will receive a well-detailed and accurate medical terminology training which allows you to become more familiar about all the prefixes, suffixes and word roots that are now used in the medical industry. With the help of this online certification course, you will be able to know the basics of combining words to convey meaningful health and medical conditions and comprehend their meaning and correct spelling. The medical terminology certification course offered by Brainmeasures is also highly comprehensive and accurate enough that you will understand all the terms used for the major systems in a human body including the respiratory system, urinary system, reproductive system, digestive system, circulatory system and skeletal system. The comprehensiveness of this certification course makes it easier for you to pass the medical terminology exam, thereby allowing you to finally take a hold of your certificate.
Highlights of the Medical Terminology Program from Brainmeasures
The medical terminology program which is now offered by Brainmeasures is extremely useful in your attempt to become more proficient in the medical field. It allows you to understand the common language used in the medical industry, making it easier for you to handle all your tasks and responsibilities in the field. The following are just some of the many topics covered in the highly comprehensive medical terminology certification program offered by Brainmeasures:
- Understanding the most common terms used in the medical field
- History behind all medical terminologies
- Building a stronger vocabulary foundation
- Definition of medical terminology and the basics of using it both in practice and theory
- The most recent changes in medical terms
- Understanding the major components of medical terminology including prefixes, suffixes and root words
- Basic definition of interior and exterior root words
- Most common prefixes used in the medical field
- Acronyms, homonyms and eponyms in medical terminology
- Medical terms used for the major components of a human body including tissues, cells, cavities, organs and systems
- Medical terms used for the different systems of a human body including sensory system, anatomical system, musculoskeletal system, respiratory system, cardiovascular and lymphatic system and gastrointestinal system
- Understanding the most common physiology and anatomical terms
Beneficiaries of the Medical Terminology Certification Program
The medical certification program offered by Brainmeasures aims to help anyone who is greatly interested about entering the medical industry. It helps aspiring professionals in the medical field especially administrative staff, reception staff, therapy assistants, healthcare assistants, clinic assistants, healthcare provider, medical records clerk and any other professionals who aim to improve their skills in clearly and communicating with their healthcare staff and patients using proper medical terms.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Medical Terminology Certification Course
Numerous jobs will become available for you after completing your medical certification course and this is a major help in your attempt to enjoy an even brighter and more satisfying career. The following are just few of the many jobs that are good enough for medical terminology certification holders:
- Medical Terminology Live Lecturer
- Medical Terminology Documentation Analyst
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Supervisor
- Medical Department Secretary
Expected Salary for Medical Terminology Certification Holders
Being a medical terminology certification holder is also very enjoyable since this will allow you to get a huge increase in the level of your income. Working as a medical terminology instructor after receiving your medical terminology certification is a huge help in increasing your income to as much as $65,000 annually. You may also work as a medical assistant and earn around $30,000 to $56,000 annually from it. If you decided to work as a medical transcriptionist, then you can also expect to earn a more stable flow of income. The good thing about being a medical transcriptionist is that it allows you to work from home and this is considered to be even more profitable. Home based medical transcriptionists can be expected to earn around $10 to $20 per hour with a possibility of huge increase and bonuses if their skills are already proven in this field.