What is Technical Support?
Technical support (tech support) can be defined as a range of services that involve providing assistance to a wide array of users of technology products including televisions, computers, mobile phones, mechanical or electronic goods and software products. It is primarily focused on helping these users solve specific problems on their products. Technical support services are provided using various means and these include telephone calls, email, a specific tool used in logging calls or incidents and a website. The internet is also proven to be one of the best sources of technical support services and you can take advantage of all these for free. In your attempt to learn more about what is technical support, it is important for you to take note of some of its most vital functions including the following:
- Overall management, decision-making and strategic planning that provides positive impact on support
- Systems setup, administration and preventative maintenance
- Problem solving
- Administrative tasks including labeling and security marking, logging assets and monitoring repairs
- Daily computer setup
- Regular evaluation and checking of network components, connections and computers
- Installation of new software and equipment
- Installation of updates on software
- Testing hardware and software for compatibility before installation
- Hardware and software configuration after their installation
- Regularly backing up data and making sure that these are quickly recovered
- Effective management of network
- Effectively allocating technical department’s resources
Note that technical support also comes in various types and these include Break-Fix IT support (Time and Material Support), block hours and managed services.
Brainmeasures Technical Support Certification Program
If you want to become part of a tech support team, then you should know that you will become more effective and successful in this field if you take up the technical support certification program offered by Brainmeasures. With the help of Brainmeasures, becoming a certified professional in the field is no longer that hard considering the high level of comprehensiveness and accuracy offered by its technical support course. This certification course from Brainmeasures gives you the opportunity to receive a very reliable technical support training which covers all the aspects related to tech support as well as the major responsibilities that you will handle as soon as you receive your certificate and start your career in the field. This online certification course also allows you to fully understand the major types of technical support so you will never have a difficult time providing your services to anyone who is interested.
Highlights of the Technical Support Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Because of the proven comprehensiveness of the technical support certification course offered by Brainmeasures, you have a hundred percent assurance that all the information and skills that you get after completing the certification course will allow you to thrive in the tech support industry. The following is just a short overview of what you will be getting after taking up the technical support certification program from Brainmeasures:
- Understanding the work ethics needed in providing technical support services
- Introduction to all the details related to technical support
- Working with your tech support team and your colleagues
- Preventing issues in the tech department
- Honing your leadership skills in the field of technical support
- Understanding the major components of the tech support industry
- Roles and responsibilities of tech support staff and the specific behaviors that they need to become more effective
- A clearer background of the most vital tech support structures and levels
- Processes and practices used by technical support experts
- Dealing with customers that need your services
- Improving your communication skills to effectively provide the best tech support services to your customers
Beneficiaries of the Technical Support Certification Program
Anyone who dreams of providing tech support to the public should consider enrolling in the technical support certification program at Brainmeasures. This certification course is most suitable for corporate IT support professionals, consultants that support either small or medium-sized enterprises, network and systems administrators, security and risk professionals and any other IT professionals whose responsibilities include the installation and management of various technical products.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Technical Support Certification Course
The technical support industry is now one of the most booming industries at present so it will never be difficult for you to find jobs after you complete your technical support certification course. As a technical support certification holder, the following jobs will become available for you:
- Global Operations Support Director
- Technical Support Representative
- Tech Support Troubleshooting Specialist
- Help Desk Support Specialist
- Technical Help Desk Technician
- IT Technical Support Engineer
Expected Salary for Technical Support Certification Holders
Technical support certification holders are now among the most highly paid professionals. This gives you an assurance that you can earn big in the industry. If you decide to work as a technical support engineer, you can expect to earn within the range of $76,000 to $157,000 annually. Working as a tech support analyst also lets you earn around $64,000 to $126,000. The good thing about being a technical support certification holder is that you can also expect to offer your services at the comforts of your own home and this is a good way in letting your income flourish.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.