What is Forensic Science?
Forensic Science (Forensics) refers to the process of applying a broad range of sciences as a means of answering questions that can heighten the interest of a legal system. These questions may be related to a civil or crime action. Forensic Science also refers to all sciences that are used for legal purposes and are capable of providing impartial scientific evidences that can be used in legal courts and in a criminal trial and investigation. Note that forensics is also a multidisciplinary subject and it principally draws its purposes from biology, chemistry, psychology, social science, physics and geology. Among the major roles and benefits of forensic science are the following:
- Creates a clearer picture of vital crime details
- Confirms the authenticity of eyewitness testimonies
- Gathers relevant information about a suspect
- Gathers relevant information about the victim
- Links suspect to the victim and finding clues that will confirm or refute the evidences against the suspect
- Gathers DNA evidence which works in identifying a perpetrator
- Prevents mishandling of evidences and ensures that the procedures involved in collecting evidences are successfully carried out
- Controls cyber crime with the help of certain computer tools and techniques like IP address tracing, email address tracing and packet sniffing
- Accurately determines alcohol content of humans through analyzing body fluids such as saliva and urine and blood
- Accurately detects child abuse, gunshot wounds, defensive wounds of victims, self-inflicted injuries, injury patterns for victims of domestic violence, semen persistence and sexual assault
Brainmeasures Forensic Science Certification Program
Being a certified professional in forensic science is now possible and more convenient with the help of the forensic science certification program offered by Brainmeasures. With the help of the forensic science course from Brainmeasures, you get the chance to learn not only the vital aspects of forensics but also some of its most complex topics. Enrolling in this certification course gives you the opportunity to receive the most comprehensive forensic science training and this is a major help in your attempt to effectively handle investigations on a specific crime. The knowledge and skills that you will get from the forensic science certification program offered by Brainmeasures are highly reliable and accurate enough that you will no longer find it hard to deal with the other investigators and present your evidences to the court. Before Brainmeasures will supply you your hard copy certificate, you need to be able to pass its forensic science exam which will serve as an effective evaluation of your knowledge and skills in the field.
Highlights of the Forensic Science Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Brainmeasures forensic science certification program makes it a point to cover all the topics that you need to gain a more in-depth understanding about forensics. The forensic science certification course offered by Brainmeasures allows you to master the following topics and subject areas:
- Important compounds that you need to know in forensic toxicology
- Methods used for opiate, biological fluids and street drugs detection
- Basics of solvent and solid-phase extraction
- Effectively investigating plant material with the help of gas chromatography, thin layer chromatography, capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography
- Methods used in analyzing and separating cocaine
- Traditional uses of cocaine
- Understanding the procedures involved in thin layer chromatography, gas chromatography and liquid chromatography
- How direct mass spectrometric analysis works
- Introduction to hallucinogens, their uses and methods in effectively detecting them
- Analyzing cannabinoids in urine, hair and meconium
- Introduction to sedative and hypnotics
- Understanding the structural features of barbiturates
- Sample extraction and pretreatment of tissues within a human body and any other autopsy materials
- Sample extraction and pretreatment of urine or blood
- Introduction to some of the other hypnotics and sedatives that can be used to victim including methaqualone, meprobamate and chloral hydrate
- Reasons to perform the analysis and identifying the perfect time to perform it
- Basics of extracting urine, serum, blood and any other materials from a human body
- Understanding all the screening procedures and methods used in forensic toxicology including retention parameters, retention time locking and retention index systems
- Herbal remedies and their toxicological aspects
- Detecting drugs in oral fluid, blood, plasma and urine
Beneficiaries of the Forensic Science Certification Program
The forensic science certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is a major help for a lot of individuals especially those who are responsible in investigating crimes. It is most suitable for forensic technicians and scientists who are greatly passionate about the future of forensics, policy makers and forensic managers who want to start dealing with forensic scientists and judges, lawyers and any other professional working in the legal industry who wish to gather information about the issues that are now encountered by forensic science as well as the effectiveness of this subject in expertly gathering evidences and detecting authenticity of testimonies.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Forensic Science Certification Course
Forensic science certification holders are in great demand at present considering the extreme importance of doing an effective investigation procedure and having a reliable justice and legal system at present. Completing your forensic science certification course allows you to finally hold the following positions:
- Forensic Scientist
- Forensic Failure Analysis Engineer
- Forensic Toxicology
- Crime Laboratory Analyst
- Forensic Investigator
- Fingerprint Technician and Examiner
Expected Salary for Forensic Science Certification Holders
Completing a forensic science certification course is also a major help if you have longed to significantly increase the level of your income. Using your forensic science certification to work as a forensic science technician allows you to earn within the range of $25,000 to $71,000 annually. If you decide to work as a forensic scientist and you are still a beginner in the field, then your average annual salary can go around $44,000. This can grow to up to $73,000 to $91,000 as you gain more years of experience in the field.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.