Book Keeping Defined
Book keeping refers to the process of recording financial transactions including purchases, sales, receipts, payments and income of an individual or business organization. This process is usually executed by an accounting clerk or a bookkeeper. A lot of people often make an assumption that accounting and bookkeeping are the same but you have to know that these are actually two different processes. Note that the bookkeeping function is just one of the many processes involved in accounting. A certified and professional accountant will be in charge in producing accounting reports and in filing government and tax forms based on the financial transactions recorded by an accounting clerk and bookkeeper. Bookkeeping can be executed using a variety of methods including single entry and double entry bookkeeping system. Regular bookkeeping is required by a business organization because this process allows a business to receive the following benefits:
- Eliminates business failure because inadequate, non-existent and inaccurate accounting books and records can be easily prevented
- Makes it easier for your business to comply with tax laws and any other government reporting requirements
- Allows you to determine if your business maintains the leverage between debits and credits
- Allows you to gain complete control over the affairs of your business
- Allows easier comparability with all your competitors Offers more flexibility
- Improves account collection and cash flows
- Promotes more effective inventory maintenance
- Permits accurate account audits
- Allows effective implementation of internal controls
Brainmeasures Book Keeping Certification Program
If you want to take up a book keeping class and become an expert in this field, then it is highly recommended for you to enroll in the book keeping certification program which is now included among the many offers of Brainmeasures. The excellent reputation of Brainmeasures as well as the ISO certification that it has already received can give you an assurance that you will be able to receive accurate information and the best training from the book keeping course that it offers. The comprehensiveness of the book keeping training which you can get from the certification course is also a huge help in your attempt to understand all the principles that you need to follow in recording financial transactions in the most efficient and accurate manner possible. This will allow you to produce accurate records that will be extremely useful to the entire accounting and financial department especially in creating sensible accounting reports. Since the book keeping certification program offered by Brainmeasures is developed in a comprehensive way, you will never find it difficult to handle the online bookkeeping exam. This will allow you to receive your bookkeeping certificate right away and start working as a certified bookkeeper.
Highlights of the Book Keeping Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The book keeping certification program from Brainmeasures is extremely useful for people like you who wish to gain a full understanding about how the bookkeeping process works. Brainmeasures book keeping certification program makes it possible for you to master the following topics and subject areas related to the field:
- Introduction to assets and its major classifications including personal assets and business assets
- Liabilities defined including some of the major examples of personal and business liabilities
- Introduction to owner’s equity
- Understanding the basic bookkeeping equation which is Assets =
- Liabilities + OE
- Different variations of the basic bookkeeping equation
- How the bookkeeping equation affects business transactions?
- Financial and accounting transactions that tend to increase or decrease accounts
- Introduction to balance sheet, its major purposes, different forms and the specific contents that form part of it
- How to prepare and record transactions in the ledger
- Making sure that the total debits equal credits by accurately recording transactions
- Understanding the most commonly used owner’s equity accounts
- Understanding the impact of revenues earned and expenses incurred on owner’s equity
- Posting transactions in a general journal
- Preparing the trial balance and the worksheet
- Finding errors especially those that are not revealed by the trial balance
- Preparing essential financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows
- Understanding the cash system and the basics of opening checking accounts
- Efficient reconciliation of the bank statement balance and the check stub balance
Beneficiaries of the Book Keeping Certification Program
The book keeping certification program offered by Brainmeasures is a major help especially for those who are planning to enter the accounting and financial department of an organization. This is primarily designed for aspiring and existing bookkeepers who wish to improve their bookkeeping skills, professionals who are responsible in recording financial and business transactions of an organization and managers or business owners who want to be able to keep and maintain their own books of accounts.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Book Keeping Certification Course
A lot of business organizations are now in need of professional and expert bookkeepers so it will never be impossible for you to find jobs after completing your book keeping certification course. Your book keeping certification makes it easier for you to handle the following positions:
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- General Ledger Clerk
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Accounting Administration Staff
Expected Salary for Book Keeping Certification Holders
It will not also be hard for you to find jobs that can fit your desired level of salary if you have already completed your book keeping certification course. Book keeping certification holders can actually be expected to earn within the range of $25,000 to $42,000 if they are still starting out. As you gain more experience in the field, you salary range will also increase to $44,000 to $78,000. You can expect to earn more based on overtime pay, bonuses and other remuneration benefits provided by your employer.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.