What is Front Office Management?
Front office management is the process of managing all the affairs in the front office or front desk of a business establishment. Front office actually refers to that specific department of a company which is in charge in dealing or communicating with clients including the service, sales and marketing department. Take a hotel for example. Its front office is the specific department in charge in welcoming guests, greeting and meeting them, organizing their check in and out times, taking hotel reservations, issuing keys and any other arrangements designed to improve the level of their security, settling accounts and organizing porter services. With proper front office management, all these duties and responsibilities can be successfully carried out and make clients and guests receive top-notch customer service. A certified front office manager is in charge of the following vital functions:
- Applies management principles to the front office department in order for the whole staff to effectively communicate the feeling of safety, caring, efficiency and warmth to clients and guests
- Trains staff regarding the technical use of PMS or property management system which is primarily used by the front office department to network the hardware and software used in registration and reservation databases, accounting systems, POS systems and any other software applications in the office
- Maintains the efficiency of communication system details
- Manages all essential front office management elements including inventory, equipment, employees, sales opportunities and budget
Brainmeasures Front Office Management Certification Program
If you want to be responsible in managing the front office of a business establishment, then you have to consider enrolling in the front office management certification course offered by Brainmeasures as this is the only way for you to fully understand everything that you want to learn about this specific field. The front office management course which you can now access at Brainmeasures makes it a point to simplify all the complex elements and components of the front office department so you will no longer have a hard time understanding them. With the help of this certification course, you allow yourself to undergo an extremely comprehensive front office management training which covers all the aspects, principles and concepts related to managing a front office and this makes it possible for you to be able to perform all your responsibilities in a more efficient manner once you start to work in this profession. The more simplified versions of all the complex front office management aspects also make it easier for you to successfully handle the online front office exam which forms part of the program, pass it and finally receive your certificate.
Highlights of the Front Office Management Certification Program from Brainmeasures
If you want to enroll in the most comprehensive front office management certification course possible, then the program offered by Brainmeasures is highly recommended for you because of its ability to provide you with all the information that you need to become successful in this field. Here are just some of the most essential topics that form a huge part of the front office management certification program offered by Brainmeasures:
- Historical perspective of hotels and any other establishment that require a good front office department
- Sources of revenue for hotels
- Improving the meeting and function space of hotels
- Deciding on your desired profit margin by effectively factoring cost of rooms, foods and opportunities
- Different classification of hotels
- Target audience for hotel establishments
- Effectively differentiating room sales by dividing your accommodations into group rooms and transient rooms
- Understanding market segmentation including corporate segments, group market segments, business segments, group market segments and pleasure segments
- Different types and designations of hotel rooms
- Importance of good architecture in providing excellent hospitality service
- Effectively managing a hotel and its front office
- How to meet and greet guests and guide them to their excellent room accommodations?
- Determining the best mode of payment
- Training the front desk clerk
- Deciding on the best room rate structure
- Working with the property management system
- Accurately performing night audits
- Providing the best housekeeping services
- Measuring the performance of the hotel and the guest service on a regular basis
Beneficiaries of the Front Office Management Certification Program
The front office management certification program offered by Brainmeasures aims to help individuals and professionals who want to start working in the front office department of a business establishment especially hotels. You can expect this program to work even more suitably for aspiring and existing front office managers, front desk agents and front office supervisors who are in charge of making sure that the front office department continues to provide excellent services to the public.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Front Office Management Certification Course
Completing a front office management certification course is also an excellent way to get stable jobs in the front office department. Your front office management certification will allow you to work effectively after you get the following positions:
- Front Office Manager
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Front Office / Desk Specialist
- Front Office Receptionist
- Front Office Trading and Risk Management System Analyst
- Front Office Executive
Expected Salary for Front Office Management Certification Holders
Your front office management certification is also your ticket towards starting to improve your financial condition. It is because those who have successfully completed a front management certification course get the chance to receive a higher pay. If you work as a front office manager, then your annual salary can go around $40,000 to $63,000. If you get directorial positions after you complete the certification course, then you can expect this to let you earn an annual salary of $68,000 to $82,000.