What is Career Counseling?
Career counseling is known as a process which is quite similar to traditional counseling but its main focus is geared towards issues related to personal career development, career change, career exploration and any other issues related to one's career. It is a process which aims to help people in choosing a specific course of study which will allow them to get a job. A certified career counselor is also responsible in helping people obtain a job which is most suitable for their skills, personality, interest and aptitude. Its main objective is to produce an effective correlation of internal psychology of people with all the external factors of courses and employability.
A career in counseling requires you to deal with people who are from different walks of life especially adolescents who are looking for a way to explore all their career options and experienced professionals who are planning to make some changes in their career. Being a career counselor also requires you to have a strong background in industrial, organizational or vocational psychology. Career counseling also guides people in all aspects of their career by critiquing their resumes, suggesting the most efficient methods when it comes to finding jobs, improving negotiation skills, assisting them in terms of getting the most desirable promotion packages and salary and steering them into the right career path. It also increases the chances of employed people to get satisfied with their jobs.
Brainmeasures Career Counseling Certification Program
If you are planning to gain a complete understanding about how career counseling works and start providing your services and expertise in this area to help others for a fee, then it is advisable for you to enroll in the career counseling certification program offered by Brainmeasures. The career counseling course which you can now access at Brainmeasures is capable of molding you into one of the most effective career counselors at present so it is greatly possible that you will enjoy a flourishing career after completing it. It allows you to receive a highly reliable career counseling training which explains to you in detail the roles and responsibilities that you will be holding as soon as you start working in the career counseling industry and the many effective strategies that you can use once you start to provide sessions to your clients. As a means of assessing the level of your knowledge and skills in the field, you need to take the online career counseling exam and a passing percentage is your ticket towards receiving your certificate.
Highlights of the Career Counseling Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The career counseling certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures covers a wide range of topics designed to mold you into a more effective career counselor. Here are just some of the major highlights of the highly comprehensive Brainmeasures career counseling certification program:
- Introduction to career counseling
- Importance and benefits of career counseling
- Effective career counseling techniques that you can use for a variety of clients
- Major issues and concerns faced by people before deciding to attend a career counseling session
- Screening, exploring and contracting different career opportunities
- Honing the ability of your clients to understand the career opportunities that are available for them
- Taking advantage of the results of tests, questionnaires and occupational data in finding the most suitable career for a client
- Conducting career counseling sessions in various organizations
- Professional issues and challenges usually faced by career counselors
- Guidelines that a career counselor needs to follow when conducting tests
- Establishing an effective action plan
- Major sources of occupational data
- Different software applications that you can use in supporting your career counseling sessions
- Different career counseling exercises that you can impart to your clients
Beneficiaries of the Career Counseling Certification Program
The career counseling certification program offered by Brainmeasures is extremely useful to a lot of people. This certification course is primarily designed for those who are still new in the career counseling, assessment and coaching field. It is also extremely beneficial for experienced career counseling practitioners, psychologists and psychometrics who are aiming to update and refresh their skills and knowledge in the career counseling field.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Career Counseling Certification Course
Because of the increasing number of people who are dealing with job dissatisfaction and confusion, there is a great tendency that you will enjoy a flourishing career as soon as you complete a career counseling certification course. Your career counseling certification increases your chances of getting the following jobs:
- Certified Career Counselor
- Career Specialist
- Career Consultant
- Director of Career Services
- Career Transition Services Manager
- Career Advising Assistant Director
Expected Salary for Career Counseling Certification Holders
Your career counseling certification is also a major help in your attempt to significantly boost the level of your salary. As a certified career counselor, you can earn as much as $52,000 to $80,000 per year. Increasing your salary in this field is also possible by boosting your work experience and by looking for a more stable employer with a well-established company. If you hold directorial positions in the industry after receiving your career counseling certification, then you can expect this to help you earn up to $117,000 per year.