What is FMEA?
Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) refers to an inductive failure analysis method which is now used in the development of products, systems and reliability engineering and management of operations designed for analyzing modes of failure within a system with an aim of classifying how severe failures may take place. If successfully carried out, you can expect the FMEA process to be effective in identifying potential modes of failures based on previous experiences using similar processes and products or based on the most common logic for failure mechanism. This is a huge help in allowing a specific team to effectively design the identified failures in order to get them out of the system with the least resource expenditure and efforts. This is a huge help in significantly reducing development costs and time.
FMEA is also popular for serving as a kind of design review which is effective in erasing weaknesses out of a specific process or design. It is somehow related to Six Sigma because of its effectiveness in identifying the potential number of failures that will take place in a process. The benefits of FMEA include the following:
- Improves product/process quality and reliability
- Increases customer satisfaction
- Earlier prediction and elimination of all possible modes of process or product failure
- Emphasizes prevention of problems
- Heightens the level of organizational/engineering knowledge
- Documents actions and risks with an aim of reducing the level of risks when carrying out projects
Brainmeasures FMEA Certification Program
Gathering all the information that you need about FMEA is now possible because of the existence of the FMEA certification program available at Brainmeasures. The FMEA course offered by Brainmeasures is capable of informing you about all the major concepts about FMEA, its history, its benefits and the many things that you can do to take full advantage of it. The certification course is also capable of honing your knowledge about the method with its highly comprehensive FMEA training. It covers all the topics about FMEA especially the most vital steps involved in carrying it out as well as its relationship to Six Sigma. In order to determine if the level of your knowledge and skills when it comes to using FMEA is already enough, Brainmeasures will require you to take and pass its online FMEA exam which serves as an effective evaluation of your skills.
Highlights of the FMEA Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The FMEA certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is proven to be effective when it comes to honing the skills and knowledge of all aspiring FMEA experts. If you are one of them, then the FMEA certification course from Brainmeasures will surely improve your knowledge in the following areas:
- Introduction to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Brief history of FMEA
- Understanding the major functions of FMEA
- FMEA and its importance to establishing a more comprehensive quality system
- Introduction to the steps involved in the FMEA process
- How to evaluate/assess the risk of failures and priority numbers?
- Acquainting yourself on the FMEA team, the most effective team size and the most efficient team leaders and members
- Roles played by a process expert
- Allowing an FMEA team to undergo a comprehensive training
- Understanding all the steps involved in carrying out the FMEA methodology including the review of products or processes, brainstorming potential mode of failures and assigning occurrence, detection and severity rankings for failure modes
- Accurately calculating the priority number of risks for every mode of failure
- Using FMEA in software design, accounting and finance, human resource department, marketing, purchasing and technology or information systems industry
- Creating a flowchart for processes
- Rules involved in brainstorming failure modes
- Effective techniques that work in process improvement such as mistake proofing, statistical process control and design of experiments
Beneficiaries of the FMEA Certification Program
A lot of professionals will enjoy all the benefits of FMEA after using the knowledge and skills that they have acquired from enrolling in the FMEA certification program offered by Brainmeasures. The certification course perfectly suits team leaders, production engineers, quality engineers, supervisors, managers, technical apprentices, design engineers and any other individuals and professionals who are responsible in carrying out the FMEA method and allowing the organizations that they are working for to enjoy all the benefits of the method.
Job Opportunities after Completing an FMEA Certification Course
Being able to complete an FMEA certification course is also a huge help when it comes to significantly increasing your career prospects. The following are just few of the many jobs that will become easily accessible for you as soon as an FMEA certification course is already completed:
- Reliability and Failure Modes Engineer
- FMEA Design Review Coordinator
- FMEA Analyst
- Senior Design Engineer
- Mechanical Reliability Analyst
- Design and Development Engineer
Expected Salary for FMEA Certification Holders
Increasing the level of your income is also possible by taking part in a highly comprehensive FMEA certification course and completing it. Your FMEA certification is your ticket towards getting a design review coordinator position which will allow you to earn an average annual salary of $57,000. If you work as an FMEA analyst, then your salary can go around $74,000 annually. Working as a senior design engineer after completing the certification course will let you earn within the range of $79,000 to $135,000 per year.