What is Catering?
Catering refers to a kind of business which provides food services at a remote site or a public location including hotels, public houses or pubs or any other location. It encompasses the task of professional food preparation which should be served to a group of individuals at a specific place for a designated fee and time. When in the past catering services are only viewed as services that can be provided to the wealthy, it is now in great demand for most occasions depending on a person’s budget.
Catering actually has two major types. The first one is the on-premise catering which refers to the act of preparing and serving foods to a group of individuals in a similar location. The second type of catering is the off-premise catering which can be defined as the process of preparing foods in a kitchen and then transporting it into the place designated by the client where it will be served to a group of individuals. Transporting foods from one place to another is said to cause issues when it comes to food safety so a certified professional in the field of catering is required to learn about the basics of safely packing foods to keep them either hot or cold and prevent any spillage. This can actually be accomplished with the help of refrigerated vehicles, portable warming units and insulated coolers. To become a successful caterer, you have to continuously produce high quality and safe foods so you can continue winning the hearts of the public.
Brainmeasures Catering Certification Program
If you dream of being part of the catering and food service industry, then you should know that enrolling in a catering certification program especially that which is offered by the most reputable online certification and skill testing company at present called Brainmeasures is the best thing that you can do. This online catering course offered by Brainmeasures is the road towards embracing all the essential aspects related to regularly providing hundreds of clients with the best catering services. With the kind of catering training that this certification course offers, you will no longer find it hard to understand all the issues that you may encounter when providing catering services to the public and the specific methods that you can use in dealing with each of them. You will understand all the solutions designed to continuously produce foods that are of the safest nature and satisfy your clients with the quality services offered by your staff. After you receive your catering certificate, you will become more confident as this serves as an indication that your skills and knowledge are already enough to become successful in the catering industry.
Highlights of the Catering Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Everything that you want to learn about the catering service industry is included in the catering certification program offered by Brainmeasures so enrolling here is one of the best things that you can do to hone your skills and knowledge. The following are just some of the major highlights of the catering certification program offered by Brainmeasures:
- Introduction to catering services, its definition and the specific methods that you can use in running your catering business
- Understanding all the fun stuff and aspects related to running a catering business
- Major role of a personal chef
- Understanding how the catering industry works
- Essential segments of the catering industry
- Basics of providing the best off-premise catering services
- Skills needed to become a successful caterer
- Acquiring skills of a good chef and skills in running your catering business
- Licensing and any other legal issues that you need to face when starting a catering business
- Establishing your business structure by looking for the best financing, accounting and catering software
- Marketing your services
- Finding solutions to beat your competition
- Basics of pricing all the items in your menus and your services
- Establishing a reliable and effective catering business plan
- Dealing with issues linked to food safety
- Effectively dealing with your clients and winning their loyalty
Beneficiaries of the Catering Certification Program
The catering certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is a huge help for individuals who dream of improving their craft in the catering industry. It is most suitable for aspiring chefs and catering business managers who wish to hone their catering skills and understand everything related to the industry so they can continue to satisfy their clients with their top-notch services and high quality and safe food preparation.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Catering Certification Course
The catering industry is one of the most flourishing industries at present considering the numerous events and occasions that are held every day so completing a catering certification course is your ticket towards increasing your career prospects. As soon as you complete your catering certification course, the following positions will become more suitable for you:
- Senior Chef Manager
- Restaurant and Bar Manager
- Events and Meetings Coordinator
- Catering Sales Specialist
- Catering Director
- Catering Supervisor
Expected Salary for Catering Certification Holders
Working in the catering industry after your successful completion of your catering certification course is also amazing since this allows you to start earning big. Your catering certification can be used to work as a catering supervisor which allows you to receive a starting pay of $42,000 annually. You can also work as a catering director which will give you the opportunity to earn higher. As a catering director, you can expect your salary to be within the stable range of $48,000 to $88,000 annually.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.