What is Sports Psychology?
Sports psychology refers to an interdisciplinary science which draws information and knowledge from the psychology and kinesiology fields. It encompasses the study of how different psychological factors can affect the performance of sports enthusiasts and how the act of participating in exercises and sports affect physical and psychological factors. It also works in training and instructing psychological skills with an aim of improving performance while also dealing with parents of sports athletes, the athletes themselves and coaches to further improve their knowledge and skills in handling injuries, promoting team building, improving communication, understanding the basics of rehabilitation and effectively undertaking career transitions. Sports psychology actually covers a number of essential fields including the following:
- Applied Sports Psychology which encompasses the process of instructing coaches, sports teams, athletes, fitness professionals, parents, exercisers and performers about the psychological areas and aspects of their chosen sport or activity while also aiming to improve performance and enjoyment by enhancing their psychological skills
- Educational Sports Psychology which emphasizes the need to undergo psychological skills training including energy management, goal setting, self-talk and imagery in order for people to understand the importance of effectively using psychological skills in improving their performance in sports
- Clinical and Counseling Sports Psychology which perceives the entire sports psychology field as the process of applying theories related to psychology into a more unique population while also aiming to treat extreme psychological problems through sports including substance abuse, depression and eating disorder
Brainmeasures Sports Psychology Certification Program
If your aim is to become a certified professional in the field of sports psychology, then deciding to enroll in the sports psychology certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures can help you out. The sports psychology course offered by Brainmeasures is created by real sports psychology experts so you have a hundred percent guarantee that all the information that you will get from it are highly accurate. With the kind of sports psychology training which you can access from this certification course, you will get to know more about the different theories that are linked to sports psychology, its major advantages and the specific strategies that you can use in ensuring that it will help in improving your performance in your chosen sport. As soon as you receive your sports psychology certificate from Brainmeasures, you can expect different sports enthusiasts to be really interested in your service.
Highlights of the Sports Psychology Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Nothing can ever beat the comprehensiveness of the sports psychology certification program offered by Brainmeasures so it is no longer surprising why it continuously capture the attention of the public. This sports psychology certification course makes it possible for you to understand the following topics and subject areas:
- Fundamentals of psychology
- Introduction to the field of sports psychology
- Strengthening your psychological skills to further improve your performance in your chosen sport
- Establishing excellent sports goals and objectives
- Building your confidence to perform even better
- Improving your mental toolkit to increase your chances of achieving success as an athlete
- Mastering the basics of improving your focus
- Introduction to imagery and self-talk and the benefits of these techniques in improving your psychological skills and mental health
- Improving your competitiveness through sports psychology
- Importance of establishing routines when it comes to improving your performance even with the fierce competition in the sports industry
- Tips in effectively handling stress and pressure
- Importance of effectively controlling and managing the level of your energy
- Boosting the performance of your team with the help of sports psychology
- Improving the level of team communication
- Establishing teamwork
- Sports psychology and their importance to parents and coaches
- Basics of parenting an athlete
Beneficiaries of the Sports Psychology Certification Program
The sports psychology certification program which is now easily accessible at Brainmeasures is proven to be a really huge help to a wide range of individuals and professionals who are part of the sports industry. You can expect this certification course to work more suitably for athletes, coaches, sports enthusiasts, parents of athletes, performers and fitness professionals who wish to further improve their skills and knowledge in the field of sports psychology while also learning the most effective mental and psychological techniques that they can use when it comes to improving sports performance.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Sports Psychology Certification Course
If you want to further increase the number of jobs that you can access in the sports industry, then earning a sports psychology certification can help you out. Here are just few of the many jobs that will be introduced to you after your successful completion of a sports psychology certification course:
- Sports Psychologist
- Applied Sports Psychologist
- Clinical and Counseling Sports Psychologist
- Sports Performance Coach
- Sports and Exercise Psychology Instructor
- Sports Psychology Consultant
Expected Salary for Sports Psychology Certification Holders
Earning a sports psychology certification can also help you out especially if you dream of receiving an even higher salary. You can expect your sports psychology certification to help you become a certified sports psychologist which gives you the opportunity to start receiving higher salary which usually ranges from $42,000 to $84,000 annually. Note that the specific location where you decide to practice your sports psychology career can have a major impact on the amount of salary that you regularly receive. Among the places that offer a higher level of salary for sports psychologists are New York and Chicago.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.