What is GIS?
GIS which stands for Geographic Information System refers to a system which is primarily designed to store, capture, analyze, manipulate, present and manage different types of geographical data. It also refers to the merging of statistical analysis, database technology and cartography. As a system, GIS works by digitally creating and manipulating spatial areas that can either be application-oriented, purpose-oriented or jurisdictional. It can also be customized based on the specific organization which will be using it. Other renowned GIS experts also define the system as a kind of information system which works by integrating, storing, editing, analyzing, displaying and sharing geographic information with an aim of helping users formulate the most informed decisions. You can also expect various GIS applications to work as tools that allow their users to have an easier time creating more interactive queries, editing data in maps, analyzing spatial information and presenting results of all GIS applications and operations.
One of the major advantages of GIS is that it is effective in clearly representing real objects including land use, trees, waterways, elevation and roads with the help of digital data that determine the mix. It also comes with methods that are extremely useful in storing data designed for abstractions mapping references. Other major benefits of GIS are the following:
- Cost Savings
- Increased Efficiency
- More Informed and Better Decision Making
- Better Recordkeeping
- Improved Communication
- More Effective Geographic Management
Brainmeasures GIS Certification Program
Brainmeasures, a highly reputable online certification courses provider, is extremely beneficial for you especially if you have longed to become a certified GIS professional because the company is now offering a GIS certification course. You can expect this GIS course to supply you with all the information that you need to become a real expert in this specific field. This certification course offers a highly comprehensive GIS training which is guaranteed to work in explaining in full detail how the Geographic Information System works, what are the different features that are installed in it, the individual functions of the features of the system and the benefits that this specific system can provide. Taking into consideration the proven comprehensiveness of the GIS certification course offered by Brainmeasures, it will never be impossible for you to become one of the most knowledgeable experts in the field as soon as you receive your GIS certificate.
Highlights of the GIS Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Enrolling in the GIS certification program offered by Brainmeasures is the wisest moves that you can ever take especially if you have longed to be recognized as one of the most knowledgeable GIS experts. Completing your GIS certification course gives you the opportunity to master the following topics and subject areas:
- Understanding how Geographic Information System (GIS) works
- Major functions of GIS
- Scope of GIS
- Determining how maps show essential data and information
- Basic steps and procedures associated to reading, interpreting and analyzing maps
- Establishing a more conceptual model for geography
- Understanding how the different data models for GIS work
- Monitoring data descriptions stored in GIS
- Effective management of multiple maps
- How to gather and digitize essential geographic data?
- Taking advantage of both the raster systems and the vector systems when it comes to finding information and features
- Finding geographic distributions, groups and objects
- How to analyze patterns in geography?
- Basic steps and procedures that you need to follow when accurately measuring distance and dealing with and exploring both statistical and topographical surfaces
- Dealing with different types of networks
- How to compare multiple maps?
- Basics of model building and map algebra
- How to produce cartographic and non-cartographic output?
- How to use GIS in a business organization?
- Highly reliable GIS software vendors
- Questions that you need to ask potential GIS vendors
Beneficiaries of the GIS Certification Program
Taking part in the GIS certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is extremely useful to hundreds of individuals and professionals regardless of the industry where they are working. This is ideal for you if you are someone who has no or just little background about GIS but dream of becoming an expert when it comes to using the system. It is also perfect for you if you wish to fully understand GIS concepts, update your skill set in GIS and determine how to fit GIS into your business organization.
Job Opportunities after Completing a GIS Certification Course
Successfully completing a GIS certification course is a huge help in your attempt to access hundreds of stable jobs. As a GIS certification holder, you will become more effective in the following positions:
- GIS Senior Researcher
- GIS Program Specialist
- GIS Developer
- GIS Consultant
- Geospatial Programmer
- GIS Technician
Expected Salary for GIS Certification Holders
If you allow yourself to complete a GIS certification course, you will be able to increase your chances of earning an even higher salary. Your GIS certification is extremely useful in getting the job of a GIS technician which allows you to earn at least $43,000 per year. If you decide to work as a GIS developer, then you can expect to earn around $86,000 to $110,000 annually. Getting the position of a GIS consultant allows you to receive as much as $116,000 per year.