What is Sewing?
Sewing can be defined as a craft of attaching or fastening objects together through stitches that you can make with the help of a needle and a thread. It is considered as part of the oldest textile arts that take place within the Paleolithic era. Despite the fact that the sewing process is linked to clothing and other household linens, you can still expect it to work in various types of crafts and industries including upholstery, bookbinding, sail making, shoe making and the process of manufacturing different types of sporting goods. You can also define sewing as the most basic process that underlies numerous types of textile arts and crafts. For several years, the whole sewing process is actually done with the help of one’s hands. After the sewing machines are invented and the computerization process arose, mass production of sewn objects has been seen. But a lot of people still practice the hand sewing process because of its ability to create high quality tailoring, customized dress making and haute couture fashion. It should also be noted that the sewing process comes in three major types. These include the following:
- Plain Sewing which is effective in your attempt to make or mend clothing or other household items
- Fancy Sewing which is characterized by using techniques that are purely decorative including embroidery, smocking and shirring
- Heirloom Sewing which works by imitating fancy sewing and hand sewing with the help of purchased trimmings and a sewing machine
Brainmeasures Sewing Certification Program
If becoming one of the experts of the sewing process is one of your major objectives, then it is advisable for you to take part in the sewing certification program which you can now easily access at Brainmeasures. You can expect this sewing course offered by Brainmeasures to cover all the aspects linked to sewing including its history. Enrolling in this highly reliable online certification course makes it possible for you to receive a kind of sewing training which works in your attempt to master the steps and procedures that you need to follow when attempting to sew items that are of the highest quality, the different types of sewing, the materials that you need to gather before starting the whole sewing process and the major elements of sewing including stitches and seams. By receiving your sewing certification from Brainmeasures, it will be easier for you to prove to the public that you have highly commendable skills and knowledge in the field of sewing.
Highlights of the Sewing Certification Program from Brainmeasures
You will never have a difficult time fathoming how the sewing process works if you take part in the sewing certification program which you can now access at Brainmeasures. With the help of Brainmeasures sewing certification course, gathering accurate information about the following related topics will no longer become that hard:
- Introduction to the sewing industry
- Preparing yourself to perform a variety of sewing tasks
- Gathering the most essential sewing tools to assemble your sewing kit
- Choosing the right fabric and interfacing the materials needed to be sewn
- Performing your sewing tasks by following patterns
- Improving your sewing skills
- How to secure the most exceptional seams
- Creating hems in an easier and faster manner through a sewing machine or by using your hand
- Things that you need to know about fashion sewing
- Picking the zippers and buttons for your sewn materials
- Creating short and long sleeves and pockets
- Effective tips that will allow you to perform home decoration sewing
- Creating table toppers, pillows, window curtains and beddings with the help of your sewing skills
- Making some quick fixes and changes to create the most amazing wardrobe
- Repairing the run
- Effective tips to mix prints
- Most commonly committed mistakes that you should avoid in the field of sewing
Beneficiaries of the Sewing Certification Program
The sewing certification program which you can now access at Brainmeasures is open to anyone who is greatly interested in sewing. It is perfect for experienced and novice sewists, those who own a sewing or embroidery machine or who want to improve their hand sewing skills and for bag makers, quilters, garment sewists and clothing creators who want to focus on performing their tasks through sewing.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Sewing Certification Course
Completing a sewing certification course is capable of opening up new doors of career opportunities for you. You can expect your sewing certification to help you become more suitable for the following positions:
- Sewing Machine Operator
- Sewing Teacher / Tutor
- Production Sewing and Assembler
- Upholstery Sewing Machinist
- Shirts and Pants Pattern Maker
- Alterations Specialist
Expected Salary for Sewing Certification Holders
Finishing up a sewing certification course is also a major help in getting a more desirable flow of income. With the help of your sewing certification, you have greater chances of becoming an upholstery sewing machinist which has a starting annual pay of $40,000. You may also get the position of a sewing machine operator which allows you to receive around $30,000 to $58,000 annually. Working as a sewing teacher also allows you to enjoy an average annual salary of $68,000.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.