What is Microsoft Lync Server 2010?
Microsoft Lync Server which was previously known as Microsoft Office Communications Server refers to a real-time communications server used by an enterprise to offer infrastructure for the enterprise’s presence, instant messaging, multiparty video and voice calling, file transfer, structured conferences whether conducted over the web or through audio or video, peer-to-peer, PSTN connectivity and third-party getaway. All these features are present between organizations, within a business organization and external users that operate on standard phones, PSTN, public internet and SIP trunking. One of the most useful versions of this communications server is the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 which has the ability to offer instant messaging, telephony solutions, conferencing and presence that are capable of supporting the collaboration requirements of different enterprises. The Microsoft Lync Server 2010 version is capable of offering the following features and benefits:
- Enterprise voice solutions for telephony RFIs satisfaction including music on hold, survivability and call admission control
- Converged user experience
- Consolidated infrastructure for web conferencing and communications
- Integration of modalities like instant messaging, voice-even voicemail, application sharing and presence in one client
- Direct voice mail access
- Customized configuration of SQL server network
- Mediation server
It should also be noted that all the server roles played by the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 need any of these operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – 64-bit edition (Datacenter, Enterprise or Standard)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 – 64-bit edition (Datacenter, Enterprise or Standard)
Brainmeasures Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Certification Program
Taking part in the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification program which is now introduced by a highly commendable online certification company called Brainmeasures is the best thing that you can do if you have longed to become a real expert in running the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 version. With the proven comprehensiveness of the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 course offered by Brainmeasures, you get a hundred percent assurance that you will receive all the information that you need to become an expert in this field. This certification course increases your chances of undergoing the most extensive Microsoft Lync Server 2010 training which covers vital information about the basic functions of this communications server, its benefits, useful features and major components. It also allows you to learn more about the most compatible operating systems for the server as well as the steps and procedures involved in its installation. Receiving your Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certificate is extremely beneficial for you since you can expect it to work in showing your skills and expertise in the field.
Highlights of the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification program offered by Brainmeasures is one of the most comprehensive online certification programs introduced by the company to the public. Completing this Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification course gives you the opportunity to master the following related topics:
- Definition of Microsoft Lync Server
- Newest features installed in the most recent versions of Microsoft
- Lync Server
- Benefits offered by the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 version
- Major roles played by Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Understanding the front end, edge, archiving and monitoring procedures of Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- A more comprehensive overview about external dependencies
- SQL and its major functions
- Security and firewall requirements that are specifically designed for Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Effective monitoring and administration of Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Providing backup for the server and basic steps involved in restroing it
- Integrating PBX
- How enterprise voice and audio conferencing work in Microsoft Lync Server 2010?
- How to integrate the server with other applications?
- Basics of planning for voice deployment, external services deployment and internal non-voice deployment
Beneficiaries of the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Certification Program
The Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is extremely beneficial to a wide range of individuals and professionals. It is capable of catering to the needs of IT professionals, technical specialists, network and internet professionals, telecommunications professionals and any other individuals and professionals who wish to improve their skills and knowledge in installing, configuring, managing, maintaining and running Microsoft Lync Server 2010 technologies.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Certification Course
Considering the extreme popularity of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 at present, you have a hundred percent assurance that you will get numerous job opportunities after you complete your Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification course. Here are just few of the many jobs that can work suitably for you if you are already a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification holder:
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Technical Sales Professional
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Consultant
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Engineer
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Administrator
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Support Specialist
Expected Salary for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Certification Holders
Your Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification can also be used in making significant changes in your salary. You can actually take advantage of your Microsoft Lync Server 2010 certification by getting the position of a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 engineer which allows you to receive at least $75,000 per year. If you get the position of a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 administrator, then you can expect to earn higher since the usual annual salary for this position is $113,000 to $145,000.