What is Signal Processing?
Signal processing refers to that specific area of electrical engineering, applied mathematics and systems engineering which primarily deal with operating and analyzing signals and measuring spatially varying or time varying physical quantities. The signals that are being processed include sensor data, sound and images. The application of signal processing also uses numerous mathematical methods including system classification and identification, differential equations, calculus, linear systems and signals, functional analysis, linear algebra, vector spaces, estimation theory, detection theory, programming, optimization, iterative methods and numerical methods. It also covers a variety of categories and fields including analog signal processing, digital signal processing, discrete signal processing, statistical signal processing, speech signal processing, audio signal processing, array processing, image processing and video processing. It should also be noted that the goals and objectives of implementing signal processing are roughly categorized into the following:
- Signal reconstruction and acquisition which refers to the process of measuring and storing physical signal and then rebuilding it or its approximation in the future. If you try to process signals of digital systems, then this goal is characterized by quantization and sampling.
- Quality improvement which usually involves echo cancellation, image enhancement and noise reduction
- Feature extraction which is a process which focuses more on recognizing speech and completely understanding even the most complex images
- Signal compression which encompasses the compression of videos, audios and images
Brainmeasures Signal Processing Certification Program
If you have longed to master the signal processing process, then it is advisable for you to take part in the signal processing certification program which you can now easily access at Brainmeasures. As a highly reputable online certification company, Brainmeasures can be expected to work effectively in providing you the most relevant and accurate signal processing information after you decided to enroll in its signal processing course. By enrolling in this certification course, you will be able to allow yourself to undergo a signal processing training which covers the most vital concepts associated to the process, the theories and principles that continue to drive the process, the major objectives that signal processing wishes to accomplish, the different fields and categories that it encompasses and the many methods that it utilizes in its operations. The signal processing certificate that you will receive from Brainmeasures is effective in showcasing your skills and expertise in this specific field.
Highlights of the Signal Processing Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The signal processing certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is a major help in your attempt to completely understand the whole process. Brainmeasures signal processing certification course is capable of offering you the following topics and subject areas:
- Introduction to signal processing
- A more comprehensive overview of the analog signals
- Vital information about analog aliasing and reconstruction
- Understanding the spectra of sampled signals
- Essential facts about the analog, ideal and staircase reconstructors
- Major components of an effective DSP system
- Understanding how the quantization process is carried out
- Useful methods designed for sample processing
- Digital filters descriptions
- Understanding how sinusoidal, transient and steady state response work
- Resonators and equalizers of parametric
- Useful applications in the implementation of the signal processing process
- A more comprehensive overview about digital audio effects
- Basic steps and procedures involved in signal enhancement and noise reduction
- Notch and comb and noise reduction filters
- Comparing computational and physical resolution
- Periodic signals sampling
- How to carry out the digital filter designing process?
- Taking advantage of the hamming, rectangular and kasier window for filter designing and spectral analysis
- Effective methods that you can use in frequency sampling
- Understanding the basics of interpolation filter designing
- Major characteristics of frequency domain
- Basics of multistage equalization, oversampling and decimation
Beneficiaries of the Signal Processing Certification Program
The signal processing certification program offered by Brainmeasures is established in such a way that it helps numerous individuals and professionals acquire the signal processing information that they need. It targets geophysicist, engineers, audio, video and imaging analysts, program managers and any other professionals who wish to gather information about the theories associated to signal processing so they will be able to easily implement even the most complex process and method associated to it.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Signal Processing Certification Course
Earning a signal processing certification is also a huge help in your attempt to dramatically increase the number of your career prospects. Here are just few of the many jobs that can work suitably for you after you successfully complete your signal processing certification course:
- Signal Processing and Digital Systems Designer
- Digital Signal Processing Specialist
- Signal Processing Engineer
- Signal Processing Developer
- Signals Intelligence Analyst
- Signal Processing Consultant
Expected Salary for Signal Processing Certification Holders
A higher level of salary can also be expected to be provided to signal processing certification holders. If you already hold your signal processing certification, then you can start using it to get the position of a signal processing developer which offers you an annual salary within the range of $64,000 to $76,000. You can also use your certification to work as a signal processing engineer which offers a profitable pay of around $90,000 to $141,000 annually.