What is SIP?
Session Initiation Protocol or SIP refers to a signaling protocol based on Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) which is now widely used in controlling communication sessions including video and voice calls over IP or Internet protocol. This specific protocol is also useful in modifying, terminating and creating unicast or two party and multicast or multiparty sessions. Each session is also composed of either a single or multiple media streams. It is also important for you to note that among the most useful applications for SIP include instant messaging, file transfer, online games, presence information, video conferencing and streaming multimedia distribution. It is also proven to be effective in initiating a more interactive session for users which encompasses multimedia elements including voice, chat, gaming, video and virtual reality. SIP is also capable of establishing internet telephony calls or multimedia sessions and modifying and terminating them.
It should also be noted that SIP is capable of inviting participants to both unicast and multicast sessions not involving the initiators. It also has the ability to support redirection and mapping services so expect to have an easier time receiving and initiating communications and services from various locations. This will allow networks to detect the specific location where the user is in. SIP is also considered as a protocol which is on a request-response basis. It is effective in dealing with all the requests laid out by clients and the responses coming out of the servers.
Brainmeasures SIP Certification Program
Learning everything about Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is no longer that hard considering the existence of Brainmeasures which has received excellent reviews due to the comprehensiveness and accuracy of all the online certification courses that it offers. This company is now offering an SIP certification program to the public and this is extremely beneficial for you if you have longed to become an SIP expert. This specific SIP course offered by Brainmeasures is capable of providing you with a well-detailed and well-thought out SIP training which covers the most essential concepts and aspects that you need to learn about the protocol. It offers information about the basics of SIP, SIP signaling procedures, securing the protocol and troubleshooting and trunking it. As soon as you take a hold of your SIP certificate, you will become more confident because you know that you already have the skills needed to effectively work with SIP products and services.
Highlights of the SIP Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Due to the proven comprehensiveness of the Brainmeasures SIP certification program, it will never fail to let you understand and evaluate everything about the protocol. The following are just few of the major highlights of the SIP certification course from Brainmeasures:
- Basics of signaling a network which is switched by circuit
- Circuit switching and its origins, major characteristics, strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction to SIP signaling
- Understanding how analog and digital transmission work
- Essential facts about trunk and access signaling
- Learning how digital signaling systems work
- Packet switching, its strengths and weaknesses
- Basics of IP connectivity
- Understanding the architecture layered by the internet
- Major advantages of multicast and the multicast routing protocols
- History of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Learning the functionality provided by SIP
- Useful features of SIP
- How does SIP work as a platform for creating service?
- Major operations and roles of SIP
- Different types of proxy servers
- How are proxies distributed?
- Format for SIP messages, SIP requests, SIP responses, SIP bodies and SIP headers
- Understanding the design principles used in SIP extensions
- Major components of an effective SIP toolkit
- Using the SIP toolkit to build applications
- Taking advantage of SIP for conferencing
- Controlling networked appliances
Beneficiaries of the SIP Certification Program
The SIP certification program which you can now access at Brainmeasures aims to offer numerous benefits to a wide range of individuals and professionals. You can expect this certification course to work more suitably for decision-makers, application developers, system dealers, system integrators, system analysts and any other individuals and professionals who are responsible in implementing software and hardware related to SIP.
Job Opportunities after Completing an SIP Certification Course
After you successfully complete your SIP certification course, you will finally take a hold of your SIP certificate which is a huge help in accessing numerous jobs. Your SIP certification is extremely useful in your attempt to get the following positions:
- SIP Administrator
- SIP Consultant
- SIP Provisioning Coordinator
- SIP Network Engineer
- SIP Architect
- SIP Software Account Manager
Expected Salary for SIP Certification Holders
You can also use your SIP certification to work in positions that allow you to start earning a higher level of income. If you decide to use your SIP certification to apply for the position of an SIP administrator, then expect to receive an average annual salary of $75,000. You can also work as an SIP engineer which usually offers around $71,000 to $85,000 annually. Working as an SIP architect is also proven to be financially rewarding because it allows you to receive an annual salary within the range of $89,000 to $108,000 per year.