What is Linux Security?
Linux security involves the process of securing the Linux systems from any threat. A computer operating system is often exposed to a wide range of threats, vulnerabilities and risks including viruses so it is advisable for its owner to gather information about securing it. If you run Linux in your PC, then you should start researching about the many things that you can do to secure your system from harmful intruders. Linux security requires you to gain a more comprehensive overview about the security issues that are usually faced by Linux systems so you will have an easier time dealing with them. The following techniques are effective in implementing security controls for your Linux system:
- Encryption. It refers to a set of mathematical formulas and techniques that are used in encoding, hiding and creating unreadable network communications and files. It is also concerned about hiding the sender’s identity so the anonymous remailers strategy is a part of this category.
- Authentication. This is used in verifying if a user is exactly who they claim to be. This is a huge help in preventing spy, fraudster and imposter from accessing your system. One of the most effective authentication techniques that you can use is the password system.
- Firewall. This refers to network packet filters that you can use in obstructing unwanted network traffic. This works in protecting your system against internet worms and crackers.
- Other useful Linux security techniques and tools are spam filters, intrusion detection systems, and virtual machines.
Brainmeasures Linux Security Certification Program
If you want to become a knowledgeable and skillful Linux security expert, then it is advisable for you to take part in the Linux security certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures. The Linux security course offered by this online certification company is developed by real Linux security experts and this guarantees you that you will receive the most comprehensive and accurate information upon deciding to enroll in it. If you enroll in this certification course, expect to undergo a well-detailed and impressive Linux security training which covers all the aspects linked to Linux security including the threats, vulnerabilities and risks that are usually faced by Linux systems, the many Linux security tools and techniques that you can use in dealing with them and the things that you can do to maintain the excellent condition and performance of your system. Receiving your Linux security certificate is rewarding because it can boost your confidence especially once you start to perform tasks that are related to securing your Linux system.
Highlights of the Linux Security Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The Linux security certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is extremely useful for you especially if you have longed to improve your awareness about every aspect related to Linux security. Brainmeasures Linux security certification program offers in-depth information about the following related topics:
- Introduction to the basics of securing Linux system
- Most essential terms and concepts used in Linux security
- Major goals of information security
- Steps and procedures that you need to undertake when implementing the information security process
- A more comprehensive overview about data integrity and confidentiality and access control and user authentication
- Understanding the different types of attacks and attackers against the Linux server
- Basics of implementing the physical, system, network, perimeter and application security process
- Effectively installing and setting up the Linux system
- How to build a more secure kernel?
- Encrypting the file system
- Basic information about cryptographic file system
- Basics of performing system logging, system log monitoring and file integrity and password auditing
- How to effectively secure and configure network services?
- Understanding the network monitoring and auditing process
- Securing all the applications in a Linux system
- How to protect your system against well-known attacks?
Beneficiaries of the Linux Security Certification Program
The proven comprehensiveness of the Linux security certification program from Brainmeasures is an indication that it offers numerous benefits to a lot of people. You can expect this certification course to work more effectively for security experts, system architects, program managers, Linux developers, network and system administrators and any other individuals and professionals who wish to gather more information about the basics of protecting, configuring and maintaining the good condition of a Linux system.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Linux Security Certification Course
Completing a Linux security certification course is also a major help when it comes to increasing the number of jobs that will become available for you. As a Linux security certification holder, the following positions will become more suitable for you:
- Linux Security Consultant
- Linux Security Technical Specialist
- Linux System Administrator
- Linux System Consultant
- Linux Security Analyst
Expected Salary for Linux Security Certification Holders
Your Linux security certification is also your ticket towards accessing jobs that offer a highly profitable pay. With the help of your Linux security certification course, you will have an easier time getting the position of a Linux system administrator which offers an annual salary within the range of $78,000 to $105,000. Working as a Linux security specialist is also financially rewarding because this profession offers a salary of around $89,000 to $126,000 per year.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.