What is HIPAA?
HIPAA which stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is a US act signed by Pres. Bill Clinton in the year 1996 and enacted by the US Congress. This act comes with two major sections. The first section is primarily concerned about protecting those who have lost their jobs or changed their careers by making sure that their health insurance coverage are still protected. The second section covers administrative simplification which is primarily concerned about standardizing information systems that are related to healthcare. Experts in the IT industry refer to the second section when they are talking about HIPAA. It should also be noted that the act works in establishing mandatory standards and regulations that greatly require broad changes in the specific way health providers conduct their own business.
One of the major objectives of HIPAA is to develop more standardized mechanisms that are extremely useful in EDI or electronic data interchange and data related to healthcare confidentiality and security. It mandates more standardized framework for the financial, health and administrative data of patients and more unique ID numbers or identifiers for every entity in the healthcare industry including health plans, individuals, health care providers and employers. It is also mandates the continuous use of effective mechanisms for security to guarantee data confidentiality and integrity especially for all the information that work in identifying individuals. It also offers administrative, physical and technical safeguards to guarantee the safety of patients.
Brainmeasures HIPAA Certification Program
The HIPAA certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is the best thing that you can do if you have longed to gain a more complete understanding about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Enrolling in the HIPAA course offered by this online certification company is highly beneficial because it allows you to obtain a more comprehensive overview about all the standards and regulations that form part of the Act. By enrolling in this certification course, you will get the opportunity to access its remarkable HIPAA training which is guaranteed to offer the most relevant information about the act including its history, its major functions, the people who will generate more benefits from it, the administrative, physical and technical safeguards that form part of it and the standards and regulations that are mandated by this act. Receiving an HIPAA certificate from Brainmeasures is a strong indication that you know exactly what the act means.
Highlights of the HIPAA Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The HIPAA certification course offered by Brainmeasures is guaranteed to be really impressive because it covers all the information that you need to become an expert in this act. By taking part in the HIPAA certification program from Brainmeasures, accurate information about the following topics will be delivered for you:
- Major roles and responsibilities held by HIPAA
- History of HIPAA
- Administrative, physical and technical safeguards of HIPAA
- Privacy and security roles played by a patient complaint ombudsman and a chief security officer
- Effectively developing a security management program
- Effectively implementing the risk analysis and risk management process
- HIPAA’s security objectives and privacy rule requirements
- Security standards mandated by HIPAA
- Understanding how the security management process is implemented
- Basics of effectively managing the access of information
- Understanding security awareness, training and incident procedures
- Use and security of workstation
- Meeting the security requirements of HIPAA
- Solutions in assessing and reducing risks
- Essential steps that you need to undertake when trying to build an effective framework for security decision such as defining business requirements, analyzing business impact, implementing solution and monitoring compliance
- Essential steps to creating an effective program for data classification
- Integrity, audit and access controls used in HIPAA
- Steps in developing effective security policy based on the web and distributing it
Beneficiaries of the HIPAA Certification Program
Learning everything about HIPAA is extremely beneficial for a lot of people so taking part of the HIPAA certification program offered by Brainmeasures can definitely do you a lot of good. This is more beneficial for staff, faculty, volunteers, students, medical professionals, department heads, medical information services personnel or any other individuals and professionals who has indirect or direct access to information of patients and who are responsible in protecting these data.
Job Opportunities after Completing an HIPAA Certification Course
The HIPAA certification program is also a huge help in dramatically increasing the number of your career prospects. By earning an HIPAA certification, the following positions will become available for you:
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer
- HIPAA Consultant
- HIPAA Business Analyst
- HIPAA Compliance Specialist
- HIPAA Software Engineer
- Medical Records Specialist
Expected Salary for HIPAA Certification Holders
A dramatic increase in the level of your income is also something that you can anticipate after you successfully complete your HIPAA certification course. By receiving your HIPAA certification, you will have greater chances of working as an HIPAA compliance specialist which allows you to receive around $37,000 to $63,000 per year. You can also use your certification to work as an HIPAA privacy and security officer which gives you the chance to earn around $69,000 to $108,000 annually.