What is Computer Security?
Computer security refers to the process of applying information security to networks and computers. This specific field encompasses the mechanisms and processes that work in protecting equipment, services and information that are based on computers from unauthorized and unintended access, destruction or change. You can also expect it to work in protecting computers and networks from unauthorized activities and invasion of untrustworthy individuals. It also offers protection against natural disasters and unplanned events. An approach to implementing computer security is to make sure that security is considered in all the basic features installed in a PC. One of the major techniques that use the approach of considering security in all the PC’s basic features is to use the least privilege principle. This is achievable when all the parts of the computer system come only with privileges that are extremely essential for its proper functioning. This principle may allow attackers to access parts of the system but you have an assurance that this access is only limited because they can never invade the entire system.
Another technique that you can use is the automated theorem proving which works by proving the accuracy or correctness of vital software subsystems. Defense in depth is another principle used for computer security. This is achievable when the system is designed in such a way that at least one of its subsystems require to be violated as a means of compromising the system’s integrity as well as all the information that are stored in it.
Brainmeasures Computer Security Certification Program
If your aim includes becoming a computer security expert, then be aware that Brainmeasures can help you out with the presence of its computer security certification course. As an online certification company, Brainmeasures continue to supply its clients with high quality certification courses and one of these is the computer security course so you have an assurance that it is a major help in building your knowledge about the field. Enrolling in this certification course gives you the opportunity to undergo a computer security training which is proven to be really effective in honing your skills in this specific field and improve your knowledge about all topics related to computer security including its scope, major functions, benefits, principles that it uses and the most effective computer security techniques that you can use. You will never regret enrolling in this certification course because finishing this up allows you to finally take a hold of your computer security certificate which is extremely useful in proving to the public that your skills in computer security is highly commendable.
Highlights of the Computer Security Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Computer security certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is your ticket towards fully understanding this topic. This computer security certification course covers all topics that you need to know about computer security including the following:
- Introduction to computer security
- Major reasons why you need to improve the security properties of your computer and network
- Major reasons why your computer and network are at risk including
- Malware and weak passwords
- Understanding physical security
- How to limit the number of accounts?
- Steps and procedures that you need to undertake when disabling guest accounts and renaming administrator accounts
- How to create a dummy administrator account?
- Understanding the power of choosing strong passwords
- Basics of password cracking
- Gaining a more comprehensive understanding about computer risks including worms, viruses and malware
- Making sure that you won’t get infected by worms, viruses and malware
- Most common terms used in patching
- Detecting and preventing intrusions
- Gaining a more comprehensive understanding about how DSL/cable and personal router firewall works
- Securing your emails
- Making sure that you surf the web safely and privately
- Introduction to performing effective wireless network security techniques
Beneficiaries of the Computer Security Certification Program
Taking up a computer security certification course is highly beneficial considering the fact that there are now millions of users of computers and networks who want to make sure that their systems and networks are really protected. You can expect this computer security certification course to work more suitably for all system and network administrators, consultants, developers, managers and any other IT professionals who are in charge in coordinating computer security incidents and protecting networks and computer systems.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Computer Security Certification Course
Earning a computer security certification is a major help in significantly increasing the number of jobs that will become available for you. With the help of your computer security certification, you will no longer experience difficulty grabbing the following profitable positions:
- Computer Security System Analyst
- Computer Security System Engineer
- Computer Security Specialist
- Computer Security Consultant
- Computer System and Network Administrator
Expected Salary for Computer Security Certification Holders
Earning a computer security certification also increases your chances of earning higher. With the help of your computer security certification, it will be easier for you to grab the position of a computer security engineer which gives you the opportunity to earn an average annual salary of $102,000. You can also work as a computer security consultant which can offer you around $99,000 to $152,000 annually.