What is a Makeup Artist?
A makeup artist is a professional artist who uses the human body as a medium by applying prosthetics and makeup for television, theatrical, fashion, magazines, film and any other productions that are related to the aspects linked to the modeling industry. It should be noted that makeup artists usually work in the celebrity industry as stage or movie professionals and play a major role in the entertainment world. These makeup artists should be proficient in the following makeup techniques:
- Fashion Makeup. This makeup technique is usually used in magazine photography and fashion runway. An applicable strategy in this field takes advantage of Avant-garde makeup which is primarily designed for projects that greatly need experimental themes.
- Theatrical / Stage Makeup. This technique is mainly used along with stage lighting as a means of highlighting the faces of actors with an aim of ensuring that their expressions are more visible to their audience.
- This technique also involves the process of defining the lips and eyes of actors and offering lowlights and highlights to their facial bones.
- Special Effects / FX Makeup. This is often characterized by using special effects techniques with an aim of enhancing the physical features of clients in order to effectively show their metaphysical characteristics.
- Airbrushing. This takes advantage of airbrushes that can be defined as small devices mainly operated by air that work in sparing different media including water and alcohol based makeup through a nebulization process.
Other makeup techniques usually performed by professional makeup artists are bridal and high definition makeup.
Brainmeasures Makeup Artist Certification Program
If becoming a certified and a more effective makeup artist is your major aim, then you should know that the makeup certification program which is now available at one of the most effective online certification company called Brainmeasures can help you out. With the help of the makeup course from this company, you will find it more convenient to master all the aspects linked to makeup artistry. With the help of this online certification course, you can effectively undergo a makeup artist training which is a huge help in your attempt to completely understand the most essential concepts and aspects related to the field, its scope and major functions, the different makeup techniques, your roles and responsibilities as a makeup artist, the different industries where you can work if you are already an established professional in this field and the most effective tips and techniques that you can use to continuously satisfy your clients. Once you finally receive your makeup artist certificate, you will find it easier to prove to the whole industry that your skills and expertise in the makeup artistry field are highly commendable and impressive.
Highlights of the Makeup Artist Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The proven comprehensiveness and high level of accuracy of all the online certification courses offered by Brainmeasures are among the strongest indications that you will be able to understand everything about makeup artistry if you take part in its makeup artist certification program. The makeup artist certification program offered by Brainmeasures is proven to be really effective in your attempt to master the following related topics:
- Introduction to the roles and responsibilities played by a certified makeup artist
- Different types of makeup techniques
- Understanding the different facial shapes to determine the most suitable makeup for each of them
- A more comprehensive overview about the most suitable makeup for different body types
- Understanding colours and lightings and their relationship to makeup artistry
- The technical stuff linked to the roles played by an effective makeup artist
- Different types of foundations and the basics of applying them
- Understanding makeup designs and selecting the best hairstyle for your clients
- Basics of airbrush and their positive effects
- Becoming a professional makeup artist
- Understanding everything about cosmetics, makeup tools and their effects
Beneficiaries of Makeup Artist Certification Program
The makeup artist certification program which is now easily accessible at Brainmeasures is proven to be extremely useful to a wide range of individuals and professionals. This program is most suitable for all aspiring and existing makeup artists who wish to further improve their current skills and expertise in the field and continuously impress their clients and the celebrity and fashion industry with their competence as a makeup artist.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Makeup Artist Certification Course
Considering the importance of beauty at present, it is safe to assume that your makeup artist certification can help you access numerous industries. With the help of your makeup artist certification, you will find it easier to work in the following:
- Fashion Magazines
- Film and Television
- Entertainment Industry
- Makeup Companies
Expected Salary for Makeup Artist Certification Holders
After you complete your makeup artist certification course, you can start working as a certified makeup artist and earn an even higher salary. If you use your makeup artist certification to work in the film, television and Broadway industry, then you will surely enjoy an annual salary of around $45,000 to $75,000. Your certification is also useful in your attempt to work in the movie industry which gives you the chance to enjoy annual earnings of approximately $90,000.