What is Sign Language?
Sign language refers to a visual manner through which one can communicate with the help of hand gestures, body languages and facial expressions. The methods used in this manner are already around for hundreds and thousands of years and you can find numerous kinds of sign languages that are now used in different places all over the world. One of these is the BSL or the British Sign Language which refers to the language primarily used by those who are part of the deaf community in the UK. It takes advantage of finger spelling, facial expressions, lip patterns and hand gestures. You can also expect it to come with its own set of grammar. Another type of sign language is SSE which stands for Sign Supported English. It refers to a kind of communication which mainly uses the signs in BSL. The only difference is that its grammatical and structuring rules are mainly based on the language spoken by English communities.
You can also find ASL or the American Sign Language which is more predominant in the US. It should also be noted that there are numerous classifications of sign languages. These include home signs, village sign languages and deaf community sign languages. The people who gain the most benefits from sign languages are the deaf who are in need of an effective way to express themselves.
Brainmeasures Sign Language Certification Program
If you have longed to become a certified sign language expert, then you should know that Brainmeasures, with its highly comprehensive sign language certification program, can definitely help you out. The sign language course from this well-recognized online certification and employment testing company is proven to be filled with essential and accurate information about sign language so becoming an expert will no longer become impossible. Brainmeasures allows you to enjoy its well-detailed sign language training which allows you to embrace everything about this field including its most vital aspects, the most commonly used types of sign languages at present, the importance of these sign languages especially in the field of communication, the most common rules and methods that you can use in expressing yourself and communicating with others through sign languages and the most effective tips and technique that can help you in transforming yourself into a real sign language expert. Your sign language certificate is a major help in informing the whole industry that you are indeed an expert in this specific field.
Highlights of the Sign Language Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The sign language certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures covers a variety of topics that will surely maximize the level of your knowledge about this specific field. With Brainmeasures sign language certification program, your knowledge about the following will be significantly increased:
- Different types of sign languages
- Learning everything about the sign languages transmission into
- Northern Europe, Christian Rathmann and Penny Boyes Braem
- A more comprehensive overview about sign languages transmission into Latin America
- Gaining a more comprehensive understanding about sign languages transmission in Mediterranean Europe
- Understanding everything about sign languages transmission into Africa
- Strengthening your background about the major characteristics of shared crosslinguistic
- Learning more about the verb agreement associated to sign language morphology
- Understanding the functional markers linked to sign languages
- Major factors that affect classifier signs
- A more comprehensive overview about the different hand shape contrasts associated to sign language phonology
- Background on sign language grammaticalization
- Learning the sign language’s semantics phonology interface
- Introduction to the most commonly used sign languages in West Africa
- Different sociolinguistic variations in the sign languages used in
- Britain, New Zealand and Australia
- Different crosslinguistics variations used in prosodic cues
- Different elements of sign languages
- Grammatical rules and communication rules used in effectively expressing and communicating yourself through sign languages
Beneficiaries of the Sign Language Certification Program
The sign language certification program which is made easily accessible by Brainmeasures to the public caters to the needs of various individuals and professionals. You can expect this program to be a huge help to all those who wish to understand everything about different types of sign languages and how they can use it to better communicate to different kinds of individuals in different parts of the world.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Sign Language Certification Course
Sign language jobs are also increasing so expect to enjoy a more flourishing career after successfully completing this certification course. With your sign language certification around, your chances of working in the following positions will dramatically increase:
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Sign Language Specialist
- Sign Language Instructor
- Sign Language Support Assistant
- Speech Language Pathologist
Expected Salary for Sign Language Certification Holders
Earning a sign language certification is also a major help in enjoying a significant increase in the level of your salary. With your sign language certification around, you can significantly increase your chances of working as a sign language specialist which often offers at least $52,000 annually. You can also use it to work as a sign language instructor which lets you earn an average of $76,000 per year.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.