What is Waterproofing?
Waterproofing refers to the process of installing a barrier which can resist water and is primarily designed to prevent water from either outflowing or inflowing from various home or building structure sections. Among the most common areas that are now waterproofed include bathrooms, shower recesses, baths, toilets, laundries, balconies, decks, concrete slabs and patios. It can also be defined as a process which is primarily implemented to guarantee that water is prevented from entering into the structure and maintaining its dryness. It also encompasses residential exterior waterproofing which makes sure that your home’s basement stays dry. Extensive waterproofing measures are usually needed for buildings during construction. Waterproofing in construction is usually conducted in order for the building to obtain moisture control right from the beginning.
Waterproofing can also be done after building the structure. This is done to solve problems in water leakage as soon as they emerge. The good thing about this is that there are now a lot of contractors who specialize in waterproofing buildings and homes while also providing other related services including new construction, maintenance and restoration. Waterproofing is essential because aside from keeping a building dry, it also works in significantly reducing internal humidity and making your home or building more comfortable to stay or work in. It also works effectively in protecting all objects within your building from getting damaged due to excessive exposure to water and humidity.
Brainmeasures Waterproofing Certification Program
Brainmeasures waterproofing certification program is the most ideal online certification course for you if you want to master everything related to waterproofing. This waterproofing course from Brainmeasures is highly beneficial because it is proven to be really effective in supplying you with the most comprehensive background about the field. It allows you to undergo a waterproofing training which is guaranteed to help you understand how waterproofing works, the different duties and responsibilities that a waterproofing professional holds, the different tools and techniques used in effectively executing the whole waterproofing process, the professionals who are responsible in implementing it and the most remarkable benefits of waterproofing one’s home or building. Earning a waterproofing certificate from Brainmeasures can reward you with better and more profitable job opportunities since it allows you to show a proof of your expertise in the field.
Highlights of the Waterproofing Certification Program from Brainmeasures
You will never face regrets after deciding to enrol in the waterproofing certification program offered by Brainmeasures considering its ability to highlight the most vital concepts and aspects related to the field. With the help of this waterproofing certification course, dramatically enhancing your knowledge about the following related topics can be easily achievable:
- Understanding the major principles used in waterproofing
- Introduction to how waterproofing is performed and the basics of envelope design
- A more comprehensive overview about the different sources of water
- How to design a building or a home in such a way that leaks are prevented?
- How to effectively prevent water infiltration?
- Successfully executing the envelop construction process
- Effectively controlling surface water and groundwater
- A more comprehensive background about soil drainage systems and prefabricated foundation
- Basic steps and procedures in installing manufactured drainage system
- Different systems used in waterproofing including metallic systems, chemical additive systems, capillary crystalline systems and acrylic modified systems
- Basics of applying fluid systems
- Introduction to above-grade waterproofing and its difference to below-grade waterproofing
- How to effectively choose the right repellent?
- Different materials that you can use for deck coatings including acrylics, epoxy, urethanes, asphalt, cementitious and latex
- Major characteristics of deck coating and the basic steps and procedures for its effective application
- Basic requirements for drainage
- Introduction to interior waterproofing applications
- Basic information about residential waterproofing
- Differences of waterproofing single-family and multiunit residential construction
Beneficiaries of Waterproofing Certification Program
The waterproofing certification program is comprehensively and accurately developed so you have a guarantee that it can satisfy your desire to learn everything about this specific field. This program can be expected to work more suitably for all aspiring and existing engineers, architects, contractors, consultants and any other individuals and professionals in the building and construction industry who are in charge in designing the most effective waterproofing systems.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Waterproofing Certification Course
Hundreds of jobs are now also available for all waterproofing certification holders so you will never regret completing this course. As a waterproofing certification holder, different business organizations would want to let you work in the following positions:
- Waterproofing Technician
- Certified Waterproofer
- Waterproofing Consultant
- Waterproofing Technical Advisor
- Waterproofing Products Sales Specialist
- Waterproofing Project Manager
Expected Salary for Waterproofing Certification Holders
More stable jobs with profitable pay can also be offered to you as soon as you receive your waterproof certification. Your waterproof certification is extremely useful in your attempt to work as a waterproofing project manager which allows you to enjoy around $54,000 to $83,000 annually. You can also take full advantage of your certificate by using it to work as a waterproofing consultant which offers around $46,000 to $95,000 yearly.