What is Wilderness Survival?
Wilderness survival refers to the process of keeping yourself alive in the wilderness. It involves improving your skills in dealing with all the elements and risks linked to living in the wilderness so you will be able to survive this adventure. Millions of people are adventurous and they would do everything to experience life in the wilderness in a more primitive fashion. This means that living without any guns, log cabins, axes and any other useful manufactured items and products. If you are one of the millions of people who enjoy lots of outdoor activities including fishing, hunting, horseback riding, backpacking and hiking, then maybe it is time for you to improve your survival skills in the wilderness so you will be able to efficiently handle even the most difficult emergency situation.
In your attempt to survive the wilderness, gathering essential navigation tools is a must. These include a compass, GPS and a map. Without these navigation tools, you will be at risk of flirting with disaster. It should also be noted that a lot of those who are experts in venturing into the wilderness always state that it is extremely important for you to know the basics of building your own shelter using the materials that you can find there and learn everything about signaling for help. It is also important for you to improve your skills in hunting for food, building and maintaining a fire and finding and preparing safe and consumable water.
Brainmeasures Wilderness Survival Certification Program
If you have an adventurous spirit which makes you strongly desire of becoming an expert in surviving the wilderness, then the online certification program called wilderness survival certification program offered by Brainmeasures at present is very suitable for you. This wilderness survival course is extremely beneficial for you because it strongly aims to help you gather information about all the risks involved in living in the wilderness and how you can effectively survive them. Your decision to take part in this online certification program gives you the opportunity to undergo a wilderness survival training which covers everything related to the topic including the secrets to surviving in the wilderness, basics of building fire and any other things that are extremely useful for your survival, wilderness risks, how to determine if you are already facing extreme danger and how you can effectively deal with all the risks and dangers that are being laid out to you. Your wilderness survival certificate can help you out in your attempt to prove to the whole industry that you have the strongest background in the field.
Highlights of the Wilderness Survival Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Brainmeasures wilderness survival certification program will never fail to supply its participants with relevant information about the field considering its high level of comprehensiveness. Through Brainmeasures wilderness survival certification course, you can easily gather vital information about the following related topics:
- Basics of surviving the wilderness for 7 days
- Making preparations when attempting to live in the wilderness
- Preparing your survival kit and the right clothing
- Finding the best location for your shelter
- Different types of shelter that you can build in the wilderness including woodland, snow and desert shelters
- The importance of water when you are in the wild and how you can find and purify it
- A more comprehensive overview about dew gathering, catchments and sap gathering
- Gathering all the required materials to build fire, tipi fires and fire pits
- Learning the most essential navigation tools including your map and compass
- Learning everything about finding directions
- How to deal with the risk of getting lost?
- Basics of route planning and following a bearing
- Introduction to medical emergencies and how you can effectively deal with them
- First aid solutions for physical and cold related injuries as well as problems related to heat
- Improving your primitive skills and using these when you are in the wilderness
Beneficiaries of Wilderness Survival Certification Program
If you really have a strong desire to strengthen your wilderness survival knowledge and skills, then the wilderness survival certification program is extremely beneficial for you. This program targets a wide range of individuals and professionals in this industry including those who are in charge of manufacturing the most reliable and effective wilderness survival kits and those who are responsible in training different individuals about the basics of surviving in the wilderness.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Wilderness Survival Certification Course
Considering the huge increase in the number of people who greatly enjoy outdoor activities, you will find it easier to get a job after you receive your wilderness survival certification. You can actually use your wilderness survival certification when attempting to get the following positions:
- Wilderness Survival Instructor
- Wilderness Survival Risk Analyst
- Wilderness Survival Consultant
- Wilderness Survival Specialist
- Wilderness Survival Kits Manufacturer
Expected Salary for Wilderness Survival Certification Holders
Your earnings as soon as you hold your wilderness survival certification may also increase. As a holder of a wilderness survival certification, working as a wilderness survival risk analyst will become easier and this will usually let you earn around $48,000 to $67,000 annually. Working as a wilderness survival instructor is also a great possibility and this profession allows you to enjoy approximately $47,000 to $89,000 yearly.