What is Public Speaking?
Public speaking refers to the process of effectively and confidently speaking to a large group of individuals in a more deliberate and structured manner with an aim of informing, entertaining and influencing listeners. The major purposes of this process include the simple transmission of information, story-telling and motivating people to take action. It should be noted that an effective public speaker is someone who is actually capable of changing the emotions and informing listeners. It is also used as a community designed for discourse. If you want to become an effective public speaker, then it is advisable for you to remember that this process has various components linked to interpersonal communication and embraces essential aspects like personal or leadership development, large group communication, customer service, business, mass communication and motivational speaking. This process is an extremely powerful tool that you can use to motivate, persuade, inform, translate and influence.
It should also be noted that there are numerous tips that can help you in improving your confidence when it comes to speaking to the public. One of these is to familiarize yourself about your material or speech. It is also important for you to regularly practice by rehearsing loudly using all the equipment that you intend to use on the actual speech. Knowing your audience and the specific place where you need to speak is also a huge help.
Brainmeasures Public Speaking Certification Program
Deciding to enrol in the public speaking certification program available at Brainmeasures is the best thing that you can do if you are one of those who are regularly tasked of speaking in public. This public speaking course is created in a way that it works for all aspiring public speakers regardless of the major reasons why they have decided to improve their skills in the field. This online certification course allows you to access a public speaking training which is a huge help in increasing the level of your understanding about all the skills needed to become an effective public speaker, different strategies that will allow you to overcome your fear in facing the crowd or speaking to a large group of people, how to deliver the most effective and powerful public speech and the many things that you can do to make sure that your speech is delivered in such a way that you intend it to. You will be able to impress a lot of people with your skills and expertise in public speaking especially if you show them the certificate that you have received from Brainmeasures.
Highlights of the Public Speaking Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Brainmeasures public speaking certification program covers all topics that are essential in transforming you into the best public speaker. Among the major highlights of this public speaking certification course are the following:
- Understanding the major reasons why you need to speak in public
- Mentally preparing yourself for the public speech
- Analyzing your audience
- Using different methods linked to analyzing your audience including evaluating their demographics or statistical characteristics and psychographics or values, interests and attitudes
- Gathering all the details that you need to support all your ideas for the speech
- Learning where to get the information for your public speech
- How to organize your ideas?
- Using different patterns to organize public speech ideas including spatial, chronological, topical, cause and effect, value or importance, symposium and problem-solution patterns
- Creating a good outline and an impressive instruction
- Establishing the most powerful conclusion
- Techniques that you can use to build the best conclusion
- How to effectively prepare your notes for the speech?
- Conveniently using cards during the public speech
- Using the right templates, fonts, transitions, images and wordings in your slides
- How to effectively deal with anxiety and stage fright?
- Tips to confidently deliver the speech
- Improving your skills in answering the questions of your listeners
Beneficiaries of Public Speaking Certification Program
The public speaking certification program offered by Brainmeasures aims to develop the personality and confidence of all its participants especially in the field of delivering a speech. It helps facilitators, business managers, executives, directors, speakers and any other professionals who are regularly in charge to hold events and speak in public with an aim of informing and influencing them.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Public Speaking Certification Course
Improving your public speaking skills by finishing up a public speaking certification course also gives you the chance to enjoy more employment opportunities. Your certification can actually help you in grabbing the following jobs:
- PR and Corporate Communications Director
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Public Speaking Consultant
- Public Speaking Director
- Public Speaking / Communications Instructor
Expected Salary for Public Speaking Certification Holders
You will also find the act of completing a public speaking certification course rewarding because it can help you enjoy a higher salary. You can expect the certification to help you in your attempt to work as a public speaking instructor and start earning at least $49,000 every year. Working as a public speaking consultant can also do great things for you since it allows you to enjoy an annual average salary of $87,000.