What is Advanced First Aid?
Advanced first aid refers to the combination of knowledge, training and techniques needed to effectively administer and manage instant care to individuals who were suddenly attacked by multiple injuries or illnesses. It needs a higher level of skills and expertise since it involves the use of more advanced and specialized equipment. Advanced first aid is usually administered to a patient as a means of preventing further complications from an injury or illness until a more trained or experienced medical professional arrives to give assistance. It also encompasses the treatment of certain health conditions by supporting the airways, breathing and blood circulation of a person.
In order to effectively administer the advanced first aid process, a kit containing more advanced items and equipment including wound dressings, antiseptic ointments, bandages, ice packs, pain relievers, tweezers, advanced first aid instructions, latex gloves, defibrillators designed for heart attacks, syringes and plaster casts that will allow you to treat severe bone fractures and breaks is usually needed. It is also important for you to understand the following concepts related to providing instant care to patients if you want to correctly execute the advanced first aid procedure:
- Advanced Resuscitation
- Trauma Management
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Casualties that are Emotionally Disturbed
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Multiple Casualties and Injuries
- Analgesic Gases Administration
Brainmeasures Advanced First Aid Certification Program
If you want to know what is first aid and the many advanced procedures and equipment that you can use to successfully carry this out, then you should consider enrolling in the advanced first aid certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures. This advanced first aid course covers all aspects related to the field so you can expect to perform all the life-saving procedures correctly, thereby allowing yourself to provide your expert knowledge in this field to anyone who needs it in case of emergencies. The good thing about Brainmeasures is that it has already received its ISO certification so you have a hundred percent assurance that all its online certification courses run based on high quality standards and regulations. Through this online first aid certification course from Brainmeasures, you will get an idea about the different strategies that you can use to save life until more experienced medical professionals arrive. The first aid training which you can get from the certification course is not only comprehensive but highly advanced as well and this is a huge help in making sure that you are doing all the advanced procedures in the safest way possible. Completing the advanced first aid certification course will allow you to finally take a hold of your certificate and start helping others with your expertise and skills.
Highlights of the Advanced First Aid Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Brainmeasures makes it a point to create its first aid certification program in the most comprehensive manner possible so all its participants will no longer have to deal with confusion when it comes to effectively carrying out different types of first aid solutions and techniques. Included in the advanced first aid certification program are the following topics relevant to saving the lives of people in case of emergencies:
- Introduction to advanced first aid solutions and techniques
- Essential supplies that you should incorporate into your advanced first aid kit
- Generating the most useful medical information
- Receiving the right training as an aspiring advanced first aid expert
- CPR and its history
- Signs that you are dealing with a patient suffering from a heart attack
- Dealing with some of the most common conditions encountered by people during emergencies such as electric shock, choking and swallowing harmful and foreign objects
- How to childproof your home to prevent children from dealing with accidents and injuries
- Making sure that the elderly are well-protected
- How to deal with the most common incidents that take place at home including cuts, infections caused by cuts, puncture wounds, ear injury, allergies, food poisoning, dental pain and injuries and diabetic emergencies
- Dealing with incidents that take place outdoors including insect and animal bites, poison ivy, insect stings, dehydration, snow blindness, hypothermia and frostbite
- Effectively handling other types of emergencies including electrical injuries, burns, head trauma and injuries and asthma attack
- Effective solutions for serious accidents including spinal injury, internal bleeding, drug overdose, poisoning, stroke and near drowning
- Providing advanced first aid solutions in the workplace and while on vacation
- Safety measures when traveling
Beneficiaries of the Advanced First Aid Certification Program
Enrolling in an advanced first aid certification course is extremely beneficial for all types of individuals since this is a huge help in honing one’s skills in providing immediate support to anyone who is in danger. This certification program is most suitable for individuals and professionals who want to improve their expertise in handling emergencies and hold a position which focuses on reviving those who suffer from injuries and sudden attacks to their health.
Job Opportunities after Completing an Advanced First Aid Certification Course
Advanced first aid certification holders can enjoy numerous job offers since health and safety are greatly needed in all places. The following are just some of the many jobs that can work perfectly for those who have completed an advanced first aid certification course:
- Advanced First Aid Attendant
- Advanced First Aid Trainer
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- First Aid Medic / Paramedic
- Advanced First Aid Service Coordinator
Expected Salary for Advanced First Aid Certification Holders
If you want to take up an advanced first aid certification course but you are worried about the specific amount of salary that you can receive from this profession, then rest assured that the amount that you will earn from this is a huge help in improving your financial stability. As an advanced first aid certification holder, your annual earnings will range from $35,000 to $130,000. The amount which you can receive will be fully dependent on the kind of position that you hold, the level of your expertise and the specific medical industry and location where you are working.