What is Google Maps?
Google Maps which was once popular for its other name Google Local refers to a web mapping service technology and application offered by Google to the public. Its main purpose is to power most map based services including Google Transit, Google Ride Finder, Google Maps site and any other maps that are now embedded on third-party sites with the help of Google Maps API. This application is capable of providing a route planner for anyone who wishes to travel by foot, bike or car, street maps, urban business or public transportation locators for different countries worldwide. Google Maps takes advantage of a close variant called Mercator projection as a means of preventing some areas around the poles from showing. The app is also capable of providing satellite or aerial images for urban areas in high resolution. It has also blurred some places especially in the US for security purposes including the white House, US Naval Observatory and United States Capitol. It allows you to receive satellite clear images of all the interesting man-made and natural landmarks including unique geological formations and famous stadia. Included among the many features of Google Maps are the following:
- Street View
- Scale Control
- Multiple Map Types
- Map Type Controls
- Google Earth
- Configurable Location Icons
- Location Markers
- Geocoding Service
Brainmeasures Google Maps Certification Program
If you want to improve your knowledge and proficiency in the field of using Google Maps, then the Google Maps certification program which is now available at Brainmeasures is highly recommended for you. Enrolling in the Google Maps course offered by Brainmeasures is a major help especially if you desire to hone your skills in navigating the application and in learning more about its most useful features and start using them to your greatest advantage. The certification course can offer you a well-detailed Google Maps training which covers all the aspects about the application including the functionality of the Google Maps API 3 version. The learning materials used in the program are proven to be high in quality, updated and accurate so you have an assurance that you will come out as a real expert in the field as soon as you become a certified professional in using Google Maps. As soon as you complete your Google Maps certification course and receive your certificate, it will be easier for you to prove to various business organizations that you are proficient in using the app.
Highlights of the Google Maps Certification Program from Brainmeasures
Nothing can ever beat the highly comprehensive nature of the Google Maps certification program offered by Brainmeasures. This Google Maps certification program increases your chances of mastering the following topics:
- Basics of Google Maps API
- Taking advantage of the 2nd and 3rd version of Google Maps API
- Procedures involved in creating a map using the Google Maps app
- Improving the structure of your created maps with the help of
- MapOptions feature
- Using X to mark the landmarks or vital spots in the maps that you have developed
- Using the market icons to your greatest advantage
- Tips and tricks in making the most out of the InfoWindow feature
- Developing polygons and polylines with the help of the features installed in Google Maps
- How to effectively deal with the huge numbers of markers in your maps
- Navigating Google Maps to find a specific location
- Understanding how all the map control objects in the application works including GOverview map, zooming, planning and modifying standard controls designed to change and add different types of map
- Create your own useful app with the help of Google Maps API
Beneficiaries of the Google Maps Certification Program
The Google Maps certification program offered by Brainmeasures is highly detailed enough that it allows a lot of individuals and professionals to be greatly benefited by it. The certification program is primarily designed for anyone who wishes to become more proficient in using Google Maps and Google Maps API especially Version 3. It is most suitable for web designers and developers, consultants, moonlighters, programmers and professionals working in software companies who want to further hone their skills in creating maps using Google Maps and effectively navigate this specific application.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Google Maps Certification Course
Numerous jobs will also become available for you if you are already holding your Google Maps certification. As a Google Maps certification holder, you will become more effective in the following positions:
- Google Maps Product Marketing Manager
- Google Maps Mapping Expert
- Software Mapping Engineer
- GIS Mapping Specialist
- Web Based Mapping Applications Developer
- GIS Mapping and IT Architect
Expected Salary for Google Maps Certification Holders
Google Maps certification holders can also expect to enjoy a higher level of salary upon completing their certification course. If you have successfully completed your Google Maps certification course, then you can use your skills and knowledge in Google Maps to work as a GIS mapping specialist which will let you earn around $57,000 per year. If you decide to work as a web-based mapping applications developer, then note that this profession will let you receive as much as $82,000 salary per year. Working as a software mapping engineer gives you the opportunity to earn around $77,000 to $85,000 annually.
We Guarantee Brainmeasures Certifications Are Just Worth
Brainmeasures is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company, Brainmeasures is a leading online skill testing company. Our certifications are acknowledged by employers worldwide. Reason behind this trust is our world class testing standards. Brainmeasures offers skills tests in over 1200 varied fields and over 100 professionally developed courses and certification programs.
- Certification tests are developed by experienced professionals and subject matter experts.
- Each test goes under four rounds of proofreading to make it 100% error free.
- All tests developed are first taken by experts who judge its standards and then give their feedback.
- Tests are developed to check actual understanding of candidate’s knowledge of the subject and not mere on basis on difficulty level.
- While developing each test this fact is considered that what is the motive and purpose of testing.
- Each test developed checks complete knowledge of the test taker on that particular subject.
- Complete testing is so designed that a candidate has to finish the test within given time frame thus ruling out chances of using unfair means.
- Our Certifications determine the performance capability of an individual critical to the job.
- Minimum standard of achievement is set by subject matter experts All certifications are updated regularly to include latest additions to the field.