What is Massage?
Massage refers to the process of manipulating the deeper and superficial layers of one’s muscles and their connective tissues by using various techniques that work in enhancing the proper functioning of a human body, aiding in the process of healing and promoting the highest form of well-being and relaxation. It also involves the process of acting and working your body through pressure with the help of unstructured, structured and stationary movements done either manually or mechanically to reduce tension in your muscles and improve beneficial and healthier movements and vibrations. Among the target tissues when the massage is performed are tendons, muscles, skin, joints, ligaments and any other connective tissues, gastrointestinal system organs and lymphatic vessels. The application of massage can actually be done with the help of one’s hands, elbows, feet, forearms, knees and fingers. Among the most popular massage methods are the following:
- Acupressure which involves the application of acupressure physical pressure to acupuncture points by using elbows, hands or any other effective devices.
- Ayurveda which is usually performed by at least one or two therapists who uses a heated mixture of herbal oils basing on the popular ayurvedic humors system.
- Bowen Therapy which involves the process of providing rolling movements over your muscles, tendons, joints, ligaments and fascia.
- Deep Tissue Massage which is primarily designed to obtain relief from extreme muscle, connective tissue and fascia tension and focuses on improving the muscles situated right below your top muscles’ surface.
Brainmeasures Massage Certification Program
If you want to become a certified massage professional, then you have to know that Brainmeasures, a popular online certification company known for its effectiveness in providing the most comprehensive online certification courses, is now offering a massage certification course. The massage course which is now available at Brainmeasures aims to provide you with a more comprehensive background about the different massage methods that are introduced to the public and the basic procedures involved in performing them. You can expect this certification course to offer a well-detailed massage training which is guaranteed to help you understand the history of massage, the different techniques that you can use when performing it, the individual benefits of each massage method and the best things that you can do to offer the highest level of satisfaction, relaxation and health to your clients. As soon as Brainmeasures furnishes you with your massage certificate, you can start offering your expert services in this field for a fee.
Highlights of the Massage Certification Program from Brainmeasures
The massage certification program offered by Brainmeasures is created in such a comprehensive way that you will no longer fail to master all the concepts and techniques associated to the field. Here are just some of the major highlights of the Brainmeasures massage certification program:
- How the different types of massage works in improving your health, wellbeing and your entire life?
- History and evolution of massage
- Your skin and its major components
- The different parts of a human body that you are touching when providing your massage services
- Steps that you should master and undertake when offering your first massage appointment
- Rules associated to receiving a massage
- Setting the best location to offer the most relaxing and the best massage
- Major components of a complete massage tool chest
- Effectively massaging the back and front portion of your client’s body
- Specially treating the feet of your clients through reflexology
- What to expect if you establish a career in the massage industry?
- Basics of performing massage for all types of people including sports massage, sensual massage and types of massage for both babies and parents
- Different self-massage strategies and techniques that can be used in the workplace
- Different types of massage and their individual benefits
Beneficiaries of the Massage Certification Program
The massage certification program which is now easily accessible at Brainmeasures is ideal for you especially if you plan on mastering the techniques associated to offering an effective massage. You can expect this certification program to work even more ideally for all aspiring massage therapists and experts who want to make sure that they will continuously offer the safest, gentlest, healthiest and the most non-invasive massage therapies, techniques and modalities to their clients.
Job Opportunities after Completing a Massage Certification Course
Different types of jobs especially in spas, resorts, cruise ships, retreats, health clubs, fitness centers and salons will become available for you after you successfully complete your massage certification course. As soon as you receive your massage certification, you will become even more effective in the following positions:
- Massage Therapy Instructor
- Physical Therapy Expert
- Spa and Wellness Center Manager
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Sports and Fitness Massage Therapist
- Holistic Massage and Beauty Therapist
Expected Salary for Massage Certification Holders
Successfully completing your massage certification course is proven to be very rewarding because it allows you to enjoy a career with more flexible hours and lets you achieve extreme satisfaction since you can make your clients feel better while making a good living out of it. If you are already a massage certification holder, then you can expect to work as a certified massage therapist which allows you to charge your clients around $25 to $100 per hour. You can also expect to earn as much as $86,000 per year through it. You can earn even more if you are able to successfully run a massage business.